Andy Gray back

Anyone in their 20s will see Andy Gray as the voice of football, certainly for me anyway. He brings games to life a lot of the time, listening to his commentaries on Premier league years a few months ago really made me think how shite and passionless the commentaries are now. I like Neville and Alan Smith but they don't bring the game to life as much as Gray did. Him and Owen, there is no comparison.

As for Keys, I always thought he was smug **** and was thrilled to see the back of him. Ed Chamberlain and the other bloke on Saturday are perfect for the presenter role because they are faceless and I literally know nothing about them. Completely objective and don't give an opinion, leave that to the pundits.

Benarbia_is_god said:
Anyone in their 20s will see Andy Gray as the voice of football, certainly for me anyway. He brings games to life a lot of the time, listening to his commentaries on Premier league years a few months ago really made me think how shite and passionless the commentaries are now. I like Neville and Alan Smith but they don't bring the game to life as much as Gray did. Him and Owen, there is no comparison.

As for Keys, I always thought he was smug **** and was thrilled to see the back of him. Ed Chamberlain and the other bloke on Saturday are perfect for the presenter role because they are faceless and I literally know nothing about them. Completely objective and don't give an opinion, leave that to the pundits.

Whilst I think Gray is good at his job, wtf are you on about? When I started going to/ watching football we weren't on Sky a lot and all I cared about was City, how did you come to your conclusion?

During the ages of 4-10 (94-00) the voice of football was my dad. Who sees Gray as the voice of football? Kids that started watching Sky at the age of 14 without ever attending a game live?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Do him and Keys really present their show in Qatar? Watched City v Cardiff via BEin on a live stream last weekend and they had Coleman and Strachan in the studio and I was thinking ''surely this is coming from London?''

Yes they do, we are in Dubai so all footy is on Al Jazzeera , now rebranded BE IN Sports. They sit in Qatar and fly guests in , like the legendary Trevor Francis amongst others. Everyone here complains City are not chosen as the single 3:00 pm Saturday match they are allowed to show now (before Christmas we got every Prem. match live ) , it's because the station is owned by Qatar not by Abu Dhabi.

Have to agree that at least Andy Gray is really passionate and less bias towards United on this channel (IMO)

Dave S said:
Andy Gray FFS! Hoped we'd seen the last of him!
He's a top bloke. But he won't be returning to the UK any time soon on a permanent basis, he has only just moved his wife out to Doha and is only 6 or 7 months into his contract at BeIn Sport (formerly Al Jazerra) and he is on a kings ransom.

-- Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:13 am --

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Do him and Keys really present their show in Qatar? Watched City v Cardiff via BEin on a live stream last weekend and they had Coleman and Strachan in the studio and I was thinking ''surely this is coming from London?''
Yes they do, and end up doing 4 or 5 days a week.

I can assure you Coleman and Strachan were in Doha this week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.