Club offer alternatives for fans who bought Aguero 16

Tbh I think the least any club could do is change the number for free - situations like this arise too often, and it's a further piss take of the working man who struggles to put kits on his kids etc.

Good move City, but should be the norm, IMO.

Funny because in the news all I can find is "Luke Shaw is a Saint after replacing ONE fans shirt after number change". It's a very decent thing to do but it's not like it's not happening elsewhere or on a bigger scale (ala Aguero).

Tbh I think the least any club could do is change the number for free - situations like this arise too often, and it's a further piss take of the working man who struggles to put kits on his kids etc.

Good move City, but should be the norm, IMO.

Can't see why tbh

Things happen in football very quickly.

What would happen if Real Madrid came in with a huge offer for Sergio and he moved next week, would fans who bought his shirt a month ago be entitled to any "compensation"?

Would JD Sports or Sports Direct offer any sweetners?.......I don't think so.

(imo) ALL clubs should have clearly written notices, warning that any future player/squad number changes are beyond their control, and please bear this in mind before ordering.

I think the club have been very generous in the circumstances, although I realise the actual money involved is a drop in the ocean for them....(and Nike).

Can't see why tbh

What would happen if Real Madrid came in with a huge offer for Sergio and he moved next week, would fans who bought his shirt a month ago be entitled to any "compensation"?

Would JD Sports or Sports Direct offer any sweetners?.......I don't think so.

(imo) ALL clubs should have clearly written notices, warning that any future player/squad number changes are beyond their control, and please bear this in mind before ordering.

I think the club have been very generous in the circumstances, although I realise the actual money involved is a drop in the ocean for them....(and Nike).

A transfer and a player changing his squad number are apples and oranges. It is common knowledge here Sergio knew he was changing his number to 10. To their credit some clerks in the City Store knew and were warning people to wait to personalise a Sergio shirt. Others, said nothing.

After many City fans were aware it was happening the OS was also still selling 16. To me this is taking advantage of consumers when those in higher positions were aware the 16 shirts were about to be obsolete.

One man's opinion.

Can't see why tbh

Moving clubs is a different matter really, although yeah I see where you're coming from. I still think changing 2 numbers costing about 2p each on a shirt "for free" after you've purchased a £50+ shirt shouldn't really be lauded. I mean, you release the kit in June/July and expect all the kids to rush out and buy it, but then when numbers are release a month or two later and there's changes...bit of a shitter.

Can I just add to my earlier post IF the numbers can be easily removed (or covered over) and new ones applied that would be a different matter, but not fair to expect the club to swap the entire shirt (imo), and yes, I fully agree it is a shitter for fans who have spent hard earned money.

It's definitely something City (and other clubs) should give some future consideration to.

I do think (generally speaking) City and value treat their fans pretty well compared to some other clubs.

Can I just add to my earlier post IF the numbers can be easily removed (or covered over) and new ones applied that would be a different matter, but not fair to expect the club to swap the entire shirt (imo), and yes, I fully agree it is a shitter for fans who have spent hard earned money.

It's definitely something City (and other clubs) should give some future consideration to.

I do think (generally speaking) City and value treat their fans pretty well compared to some other clubs.

My wife is German. I ordered a Mannschaft Özil shirt for my nephew from a company that did it w/out the umlaut. I rang them and they refused to take it and fix it.

I took it to a local shop and explained what I wanted. They pit the umlaut over the z. When I told them they did it wrong they said come back tomorrow. I did, it was fixed, unoticeable.

Moral of the story, heat press letters are apparently easy to remove without a trace on the shirt. This was a white German National Team shirt and no trace of black printing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.