Cycling - hints, tips and routes

Each their own captain.
I get through about 150 miles a week at the minute between my roadie and hybrid, use the hybrid for all sorts, canal paths, dirt paths etc.
The only use I could find for a mountain bike would be going down a mountain
I find the lack of suspension and the fact the slick tyres get shredded by small stones the issue with my hybrid. Much prefer it on tarmac and probably would have been better buying a road bike.

Will probably end up with one of each!

I find the lack of suspension and the fact the slick tyres get shredded by small stones the issue with my hybrid. Much prefer it on tarmac and probably would have been better buying a road bike.

Will probably end up with one of each!

Yeah it all depends on what I'm using my bike for. I don't really have any desire to do serious off-roading so a mountain bike is bloody useless to me.
If I'm going to be tackling more challenging terrain I'll just stick some more hard wearing tyres on my hybrid.

I use my bike for pretty much every journey I do now unless the use of a car can't be avoided. Do I really want to be taking a £2000 road bike into town and be worried about it getting nicked or damaged? Not really and I think this is where the hybrid comes into its own.

not doing the manchester 100,

but doing the trans pennine cycle, 120 miles to leeds and back leaving at 12 am from heaton park, 19th sept,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.