Otamendi

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire back 5 that started the Copa America final for Argentina are in Manchester when Otamendi signs.
I listened to Tim Vickery earlier on today talking about that very back 5 you have mentioned. He was asked what he thought about Otamendi and how he rated him. He said that Argentine's problem is the defence. The centre backs are to slow so when they press high they get caught out a lot. To compensate for that they drop deeper and deeper which in turn forces Messi and co to drop deeper thus hindering their influence up front. He compared the centre halves with Mourinho's problem on Sunday. Taking off John Terry to play a higher line ,he needed speed. He mentions that this mostly happened under Maradonna as he was very offensive minded and at that time Otamendi was playing right back. Needless to say he said he was very exposed because of his lack of pace. He then was asked what he thought of Otamendi as a centre back and he said Classy but not quick. I'm not sure what he meant by classy but it sounds quite good. He also said that MDM had surprised him in his time at City. How well and useful he had become.

Otamendi seems like a top player and I'm really excited he is joining us but I just get the feeling that one of VK, EM or otto is gonna be unhappy with their playing time come the end of the season.

They are all top CB's so it is natural that they will all want to start week in week out. Hopefully they will all be happy with rotating, perhaps Otamendi playing more CL games than say Mangala?

But then this brings us to the largely accepted belief that the back 4 should be rotated as least as possible. The larger the amount of rotation the greater chance of somebody making a mistake, and defensive mistakes usually hurt the most.

All in all I guess its a good problem to have

Otamendi seems like a top player and I'm really excited he is joining us but I just get the feeling that one of VK, EM or otto is gonna be unhappy with their playing time come the end of the season.

They are all top CB's so it is natural that they will all want to start week in week out. Hopefully they will all be happy with rotating, perhaps Otamendi playing more CL games than say Mangala?

But then this brings us to the largely accepted belief that the back 4 should be rotated as least as possible. The larger the amount of rotation the greater chance of somebody making a mistake, and defensive mistakes usually hurt the most.

As long as we don't go too mad on defensive rotation we should be OK.

I think over-rotation of the back four was one of our biggest problems last season.

3 center back on 2 spots over a period of around 60 games. have we ever had les centerbacks, are there any top club in the world who has less??

I like that the players mix. Makes Manchester weather more palatable for them.

I'm guessing from Otamendi's Twitter page that he is closer to Rojo than to our lads. No harm in that. It's good that the more limited players like Rojo can still find a team in the area to play in when their buddies are stars at the top club in the country.

Same with Romero.

TBF The players at both clubs seem decent people. The days of real c#nts have gone. Even Rooney isn't bad. Not a patch on the lunatics under Ferguson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.