Edinburgh Travel

think I will head down for the Bournemouth game ... think its Dundee United v Hearts early ko that day anyway

Use viginfarefinder if your going via Preston I know from Glasgow it's about a third of the price going to Preston than Manchester direct. Over the years I've found if you break the trip up as suggested you get it much cheaper eg Glasgow to Carlisle then Carlisle to Preston/Manchester and just sit in the unreserved coach from Glasgow. Never had my ticket checked on Virgin from Preston to Glasgow either but get a ticket as Sod's law day I don't get one is the day they check it!! Check out megabus as well for midweek games they do a cheap train to Preston also

Use viginfarefinder if your going via Preston I know from Glasgow it's about a third of the price going to Preston than Manchester direct. Over the years I've found if you break the trip up as suggested you get it much cheaper eg Glasgow to Carlisle then Carlisle to Preston/Manchester and just sit in the unreserved coach from Glasgow. Never had my ticket checked on Virgin from Preston to Glasgow either but get a ticket as Sod's law day I don't get one is the day they check it!! Check out megabus as well for midweek games they do a cheap train to Preston also

cheers Tolmie

I use Trainline app.
living in Aberdeen I'm averaging £54 a return trip to first 6 premier league home games.
Travel Friday afternoon and stay in Preston for the night with family.
Using combination of megabus and cheap train tickets.
Day return mcr from Pre is £12
Then single train tickets to Abdn via Glasgow and Edinburgh.
Eg
Newcastle 3rd Oct
Travel Friday 2nd
Megabus Abdn 13.35 - Glas 16.40. £8
Train Glas Central 18.40 - PRE 20.56. £15
Day return £12 to Mcr
Sunday
PRE 15.58 -GLAS 18.26 £11
Megabus 19.20 - ABDN 22.20. £4

i've been doing a bit of digging and if you book far enough in advance you can get the mega bus from edinburgh to manchester for £1 each way
leaving at 5:15 in the morning returning at 01:15 in the morning but for £2 you cant really go wrong eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.