City Women - Champions and Continental Cup Winners 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Flint could do a decent job up top. She's strong, and taller than Parris and Duggan. A different option. The game is still in that stage where not everyone is a prototype athlete, where City women are getting there. We should exploit that.

If Liverpool are reigning champs, I would foresee this team sweeping up next year.

I reckon Flint could do a decent job up top. She's strong, and taller than Parris and Duggan. A different option. The game is still in that stage where not everyone is a prototype athlete, where City women are getting there. We should exploit that.

If Liverpool are reigning champs, I would foresee this team sweeping up next year.

Liverpool are reigning champions, but they're also sixth of eight and playing really poorly. Being reigning champions means nothing about their quality. If we want to sweep up next season, the teams we should be comparing ourselves to are Chelsea and Arsenal, and Chelsea in particular have looked strong all season, only losing three times in all competitions this entire season. We're on a very strong run, yes, but I think it would be unwise to assume we will have this kind of form all the way through next season. We're going to have strong opposition if we want to sweep up next year, trust me.

The rise of MCWFC since they changed from MCFC Ladies has been monumental. A cup in their flagship season followed by a season where they have an outside chance (on the back of an unrivalled run since returning from the World Cup break). I hope City win their two remaining league games and get the so-far-deserved Champions League spot.

The squad is full of depth supported by recent recruitment with just two overseas players. I'd love to see our academy develop talent from the local region in order to depend entirely on a pool of players eligible to play for the home nations.

The club have integrated, promoted and pushed Women's football and continue to angle it this way. I hope City cand go to Borehamwood and come away with a semi-final spot this weekend. Best of luck to the squad!

Interestingly, if the Champions League comes to the CFA for City Women, the final is on 1st of June 2017 at the Cardiff City Stadium.

We have honours and we need more. Keep dreaming and let's hope the crowds up and up...

Nick Cushing, Alan Mahon and their backroom staff deserve credit for the work they've put in and the women turn up, week in, week out and give their all. They embody the #FightToTheEnd mentality. If the last game at home boils down to a chance to lift the trophy, I hope the 7000 capacity is full to the brim at the CFA!

Everything to do with City right now smacks of the future, in our hands. C'mon CITY!

Action28 ,of course they turn up week in week out and give their all they are employed as professional footballers by the club.

Good to see Sky using its vast and knowledgeable resources once again.

'Izzie Christiansen capped the perfect week following her England call-up by opening the scoring in a 2-0 FA WSL 1 win AT Liverpool, keeping Manchester City in the hunt for the title'.

Great win for the ladies.

Carli Lloyd you say?

ThirdFreeHeterodontosaurus.gif

image.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.