The Walking Dead

Apart from Michone who is one of the main characters? Why have you continued to watch 3 series of something you know what is going to happen in, don't like and think is shite?

We only have one TV in the house, so when the missus watches it, I jump on the laptop and waste time on the internet. However it's on in the background so I can pick up on whats happening. Conversely she isn't a fan of Football so has to put up with me watching City and other games. Swings and roundabouts.

Like I said I enjoyed the first two series as I thought it was quite novel and gritty. After that, it became really tired and predictable - the same plot device of having a random Zombie appear is just lazy writing. Case in point in last nights episode where...

old mate was running along the side of the road and then all of a sudden gets bitten by a zombie who just happened to be caught in a tree. I mean really?

It's the same thing. Every week. Rinse and repeat. It is poor writing pure and simple.

This pic sums it up really...

the-walking-dead-average-episode_o_2487415.jpg

A far greater percentage of all the African American characters have been killed off (Old mate T Bone or whatever he was called from the start, the prison inmates, the big american football player guy who saved the baby, old mate who got his leg eaten by the cannibals and Everybody Hates Chris). A far higher proportion then other characters...

And to those jibes about Coro, never watched an episode before in my life. It's kind of easy to avoid when it's not screened in Australia.

We only have one TV in the house, so when the missus watches it, I jump on the laptop and waste time on the internet. However it's on in the background so I can pick up on whats happening. Conversely she isn't a fan of Football so has to put up with me watching City and other games. Swings and roundabouts.

Like I said I enjoyed the first two series as I thought it was quite novel and gritty. After that, it became really tired and predictable - the same plot device of having a random Zombie appear is just lazy writing. Case in point in last nights episode where...

old mate was running along the side of the road and then all of a sudden gets bitten by a zombie who just happened to be caught in a tree. I mean really?

It's the same thing. Every week. Rinse and repeat. It is poor writing pure and simple.

This pic sums it up really...

the-walking-dead-average-episode_o_2487415.jpg

A far greater percentage of all the African American characters have been killed off (Old mate T Bone or whatever he was called from the start, the prison inmates, the big american football player guy who saved the baby, old mate who got his leg eaten by the cannibals and Everybody Hates Chris). A far higher proportion then other characters...

And to those jibes about Coro, never watched an episode before in my life. It's kind of easy to avoid when it's not screened in Australia.

The zombie wasn't stuck in the tree the zombie walked up behind the guy into the tree

Me too,i didn't get that idea

Its been used before, black and white (in the past) and colour (in the present). Not sure why they did it with this though, it would be understandable if they were showing a back story like what Morgan had been up to before he reappeared, so the viewer would know if they wanted to cut back and forth what was past and what was present, but none of what was black and white was before the end of the last series. It didnt bother me as such, just not sure why it was done.

Its been used before, black and white (in the past) and colour (in the present). Not sure why they did it with this though, it would be understandable if they were showing a back story like what Morgan had been up to before he reappeared, so the viewer would know if they wanted to cut back and forth what was past and what was present, but none of what was black and white was before the end of the last series. It didnt bother me as such, just not sure why it was done.

My guesses is probably budget reasons, it's a known fact that it costs film/TV companies less to film in black and white so they probably thought kill two birds with one stone, save money and add the "flashback" effect.

My guesses is probably budget reasons, it's a known fact that it costs film/TV companies less to film in black and white so they probably thought kill two birds with one stone, save money and add the "flashback" effect.

You might have a point, I thought the CGI when the trailer crashed into the quarry was a bit shit as well, although why one of the most popular shows on US TV should be struggling for a budget is beyond me.

Not feeling the love for the new series so far. Probably because it's been so fucking long since the last one.

You might have a point, I thought the CGI when the trailer crashed into the quarry was a bit shit as well, although why one of the most popular shows on US TV should be struggling for a budget is beyond me.

Probably not more so the show than probably AMC cutting costs, most likely thought to themselves that TWD is in a mass popular state where people will watch it regarding the shit CGI or effects so they can now spend less whilst earning more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.