Future of our midfield

KDB can't do what Silva does

When Silva goes we will have to adapt, KDB is very effective but in a different way. I don't think there is anyone out there quite like Silva who we could actually buy.

It's the exact same problem we are having with Yaya, we are going to have to change.

I am willing to bet that Txiki already has a player lined up to replace Yaya in another year. It would be nice if it came from the Academy. But I'm not betting on it.

Barkley, like all English players, can't pass. We can't have both Sterling (who can't pass) and Barkley in the same team surely? Our passing percentages would drop significantly with Barkley in midfield.

Toure is one of the best passers at the club. Whoever replaces him will need to have the same range as him for sure

Luka Modric and Aaron Ramsey

Despite the fact he's just turned 30, Modric would improve our midfield significantly. He's a genius who'll probably be able to keep dictating games from his deep midfield role for at least another 3/4 years. Getting Real to do business would be tough, but historically they're not immune to selling good players.

Ramsey is understandably frustrated at playing out wide for Arsenal; perfect age and ability to justify a big investment next summer.

Barkley is developing into a fantastic player and is identical to Toure in his short passing game and capacity to drive beyond players; could be a huge player for us but Itd probably make more sense to invest big in older, better developed midfield players for the short and medium term given the fact that the likes of Patching and the Garcias could be immense within 5 years.

Silva won't need replacing for a while imo. His game won't really be affected by age in the same way that Toure's will. I can see him still playing an important role for us when he's 35 or 36.

As for Ntcham, he's on a two year loan with an option to buy, so presumably they don't see him as a long-term replacement for anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.