Villa Vs City Post Match Thread

We did lose because of poor forward play, but you can't expect midfielders to be good at playing that position. We've made it work in the past, but today, it simply didn't work, and you wonder why Ihenacho wasn't given more of a chance, given how well he played in the last game he started. After all, we were against the bottom club. The Delph substitution was confusing to me too. He's not a game changer, and it's not as if we needed him to help us control the midfield, because we were completely dominant.

Thankfully Spurs did us a favour. It's worth mentioning Villa played pretty well. Typical of us to get them just after their new manager comes in.
Villa just wasted time. They were rubbish

Delp was a late sub. Hardly a big influence on the game. Toure was gone by then having done nothing. We were without SIlva, Aguero and Nasri so I don't think there really were that many match-changing options available. Pellegrini had a choice of Iheanacho or Navas for Bony and Navas turned out to be a good move. With hindsight he could have put Iheanacho on earlier but the bigger point is that the players we had out on the pitch didn't play at the level they are capable of and I don't think that had much to do with Pellegrini

That was a lazy and unacceptable performance, not good enough IMO - WTF was the referee doing allowing Guzan's blatant time wasting though, it took him until nearly the 80th minute to warn him!

Just because kelechi scored a last min goal against palace, doesn't make him the answer to our attacking failings today. We were poor to man attacking today, and kelechi didn't do anything to change it either, because as a team we weren't good. Anyway, We should of had enough without an 18year old striker. yaya was poor kdb was poor sterling was poor, kolorov was poor, navas and sagna were poor, Fernandinho was unrecognisable.
Bad day

Navas was was poor, ffs pick on someone else.( he missed the first 20 mins of dross )

Can't claim to know what the management were thinking, didn't really fit what I think I know about the game. I'm giving benefit of doubt to them, there must be a reason why Navas came on not a central forward player. Whatever, we created chances to win the game but didn't take them. As I said earlier that = don't win. Still top, have seen all supposed threats. Not worried by anyone.

Maybe not you, but pre match a lot of the posts said 3 in midfied, same as Sevilla.
It didn't work and fuck me, it's Manuel's fault for not having hindsight.

Hindsight's got nothing to do with it. He set the team up to defend solidly and counterattack on Tuesday, because the occasion and opposition demanded it, and it was absolutely the right thing to do. Today we were up against piss poor opposition and we were always going to dominate possession and territory. Going with an almost identical formation and team selection then was a mistake obvious before a ball had even been kicked

Just because kelechi scored a last min goal against palace, doesn't make him the answer to our attacking failings today. We were poor to man attacking today, and kelechi didn't do anything to change it either, because as a team we weren't good. Anyway, We should of had enough without an 18year old striker. yaya was poor kdb was poor sterling was poor, kolorov was poor, navas and sagna were poor, Fernandinho was unrecognisable.
Bad day

You are 'avin' a larf!!!. .....Navas was our best player......8 out of ten for me.

Dsaein
The post means to tell people on here to STOP FKN MOANING!!!

Alright cool your boots
I agree in the main, but I also think we can moan if we want to, after today's performance we have a right to moan, just like we have a right to boo the champs league tune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.