Shay Facey

This is a dream contract for him,he really wouldnt get anything better imo.And for the record i think hes a far better right back than centre half.
I thought he looked very promising as a defensive right back, & he's fast too, then they seemed to convert him permanently into a centre back, where imo he has looked pretty average & far too small.

I thought he looked very promising as a defensive right back, & he's fast too, then they seemed to convert him permanently into a centre back, where imo he has looked pretty average & far too small.
I agree,i enjoyed watching him at fullback,while never technically great,he was fast,tenacious,aggressive and got forward well......and given his build it was his obvious position....but then Paddy intervened and suddenly he was converted to a poor centre half.It will be interesting to see if the future brings a reversal.

I agree,i enjoyed watching him at fullback,while never technically great,he was fast,tenacious,aggressive and got forward well......and given his build it was his obvious position....but then Paddy intervened and suddenly he was converted to a poor centre half.It will be interesting to see if the future brings a reversal.

It would be nice to think that there was a master plan in playing the likes of Facey, Evans & Bryan at cb, that they are being taught to defend under pressure so that when they play their real positions, they are defensively stronger, as none of those 3 seem to be cbs to me.

OW3Sn5Rh-T4.jpg
Cl40Og_Lzug.jpg

He has already made his debut. He was put straight to the starting XI vs Preston away last Saturday, the same day he was loaned to Rotherham, and seemed out of the position (from what we can see from the highlights), but it's OK (from our point of view) because he was out of football and training sessions for almost 3 months and was played at right-back. On the other hand though, championship managers don't tend to have faith in young loanees.

Still, the live text said that he made a header clearance from the goa lline and prevented conceding a goal at the start of the match (5 mins) and the manager said that he was glad with Shay (IIRC).

Btw, Greg Cunningham also played 90 minutes for Preston in that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.