Etihad atmosphere

Prouty

Hey all,

As a Blue on the other side of the globe, I can only gauge atmosphere through the TV. I did make the trip to visit the stadium back in 2010 but that is my only live experience to date.

Watching the match against Southampton this morning, I noticed the culmination of a trend that seems to have been going on for some time now.

The crowds seem noticeably flat. The only player announcement met with enthusiasm is Aguero. Goals are met with ripples of applause. It seems to be happening with regularity at home fixtures now and as a supporter, I'm wondering why.

Is there discontent amongst the fans over there with the direction of the club or the style of play? With Pelle? Has the gloss and excitement of heavy investment in the club worn off after the first couple of titles?

Or am I misreading this entirely?

City fans are known the world over for their passion. This is why I pose the question.

Cheers all.

CTID

I've seen it a few times when the atmosphere at the Etihad has been absolutely bouncing but it's not transferred over to TV. Sky in particular are cunts for turning the sound on the microphones down when they are hearing something they don't like.

I've seen it a few times when the atmosphere at the Etihad has been absolutely bouncing but it's not transferred over to TV. Sky in particular are cunts for turning the sound on the microphones down when they are hearing something they don't like.

They didn't manage to cut out Joe's "FOR FUCK'S SAKE" against Liverpool. Tickles me every time.

Hey all,

As a Blue on the other side of the globe, I can only gauge atmosphere through the TV. I did make the trip to visit the stadium back in 2010 but that is my only live experience to date.

Watching the match against Southampton this morning, I noticed the culmination of a trend that seems to have been going on for some time now.

The crowds seem noticeably flat. The only player announcement met with enthusiasm is Aguero. Goals are met with ripples of applause. It seems to be happening with regularity at home fixtures now and as a supporter, I'm wondering why.

Is there discontent amongst the fans over there with the direction of the club or the style of play? With Pelle? Has the gloss and excitement of heavy investment in the club worn off after the first couple of titles?

City fans are known the world over for their passion. This is why I pose the question.
Cheers all.

CTID

could you not hear the city fans myself included singing olay olay for david silva, when he came on?

Hey all,

Cheers all.

CTID

Nothing to worry about. It ebbs and flows organically according to what is happening on the pitch. We are playing with a combination of anxiety and reduced confidence at the moment. But that's temporary. We will be back and operating at normal levels as our injured stars return to full fitness and form.

I must admit yesterday hearing the rain and nothing else falling against the roof was very therapeutic .

Maine road was not always rocking but with the Etihad I think there is a number of factors and Stony has nailed one ,another factor . is a lot of the older passionate fans don't go so much any more as an individual ticket is very expensive, there is plenty of gaps in some areas and it does not encourage you to be vocal if you have empty seats around you .at one time the players used to get a big cheer after the game but now a days many fans have gone long before the final whistle .I think in general the atmosphere is no better or worse than other grounds with newish stadiums ,a lot also has to do with the style of play and who the opposition is ,there are some fans who are making A great effort to improve the atmosphere ,I think in general it is a sign of the times

Maine road was not always rocking but with the Etihad I think there is a number of factors and Stony has nailed one ,another factor . is a lot of the older passionate fans don't go so much any more as an individual ticket is very expensive, there is plenty of gaps in some areas and it does not encourage you to be vocal if you have empty seats around you .at one time the players used to get a big cheer after the game but now a days many fans have gone long before the final whistle .I think in general the atmosphere is no better or worse than other grounds with newish stadiums ,a lot also has to do with the style of play and who the opposition is ,there are some fans who are making A great effort to improve the atmosphere ,I think in general it is a sign of the times

please see the thread about 'a question for the singing blocks', i think the two are linked.

City as with other clubs has had a change in fan type over recent years, as said there are not quite as many old skool passionate fans to make the attmosphere what it used to be.

Personally i feel we have slightly lost our identity as fans. i saw 2 half&half scarfs yesterday, in block 111 (unofficial signing block). i think some fans are fans of the particular games, not the club like we all were a few years ago. why else would they wear half liverpool half city scarfs, from a game last week were WE lost.

this is the sign 'o the times you mentioned

Personally i feel we have slightly lost our identity as fans. i saw 2 half&half scarfs yesterday, in block 111 (unofficial signing block). i think some fans are fans of the particular games, not the club like we all were a few years ago. why else would they wear half liverpool half city scarfs, from a game last week were WE lost.this is the sign 'o the times you mentioned

Certainly a lot of "tourists" yesterday. Whilst it might not help the atmosphere when it comes to singing, the international feel of going to the game these days is fantastic. If in the main we can get an 80/20 balance of Mancunian/International fans then that's a good thing in my view. It does however put the responsibility for leading the singing and being the catalyst for generating a decent atmosphere on the shoulders of the "singing sections" and 1894 Group.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.