Kean Bryan

twosips said:
M_Disco said:
.A. said:
Even James Milner, who I have always had huge respect for, has as good joined Liverpool now, so why is he coming off the bench against West Brom when we're 3-0 up? Brandon has a better skillset to be an impact player anyway.

Short term patience with these kids in the team will lead to long term benefits. We have about 5 worthy players who have been carrying the rest of the mediocrity for a few years now; it's not as if we're gonna notice a huge gulf in class with the integration of these superb young talents.

The Lampard substitution against Newcastle will always baffle/annoy me. 5-0 up at home and we're bringing on a 36 year old loanee who's soon to leave the club anyway?! It would have been absolutely perfect for one of the youngsters to have come on and played for 20 minutes (not that we had one on the bench mind)

This is the one that REALLY irked me.

3-0 at home cruising against a then very shite Palace and we leave Ambrose on the bench despite him being in great form for the EDS and bring on Scott FUCKING Sinclair in the 88th minute.

Seriously...what the fucking fuck is that about? Actually makes me angry to think about it.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2014/December/City-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-match-report-20-December" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-repor ... 0-December</a>

I agree that substitution was infuriating.

To me it's been one of the great failings of Pellegrini this season. The only player that got a look in was Pozo, and in my opinion he was hung out to dry and then discarded. There have been plenty of games where we could have brought on a Barker, an Ambrose, an Angelino or a Bryan. If this is setting the example of the holistic approach, then I am afraid the term holistic should be discarded.

I actually think there is an argument to make it mandatory to have a young player or two on the bench every week. Do we really need to have Sagna, Kolarov and Fernando filling the bench every week?

If Pellegrini is around next season he absolutely needs to re-think his approach to our star young players. There should always be a place to bring on a young player in the last 15 minutes of a game, particularly if we have the game well under control.

jollylescott said:
twosips said:
M_Disco said:
The Lampard substitution against Newcastle will always baffle/annoy me. 5-0 up at home and we're bringing on a 36 year old loanee who's soon to leave the club anyway?! It would have been absolutely perfect for one of the youngsters to have come on and played for 20 minutes (not that we had one on the bench mind)

This is the one that REALLY irked me.

3-0 at home cruising against a then very shite Palace and we leave Ambrose on the bench despite him being in great form for the EDS and bring on Scott FUCKING Sinclair in the 88th minute.

Seriously...what the fucking fuck is that about? Actually makes me angry to think about it.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2014/December/City-v-Crystal-Palace-Premier-League-match-report-20-December" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-repor ... 0-December</a>

I agree that substitution was infuriating.

To me it's been one of the great failings of Pellegrini this season. The only player that got a look in was Pozo, and in my opinion he was hung out to dry and then discarded. There have been plenty of games where we could have brought on a Barker, an Ambrose, an Angelino or a Bryan. If this is setting the example of the holistic approach, then I am afraid the term holistic should be discarded.

I actually think there is an argument to make it mandatory to have a young player or two on the bench every week. Do we really need to have Sagna, Kolarov and Fernando filling the bench every week?

If Pellegrini is around next season he absolutely needs to re-think his approach to our star young players. There should always be a place to bring on a young player in the last 15 minutes of a game, particularly if we have the game well under control.

I agree.

I don't mind Pellegrini getting another crack at it, as he hasn't had much chance to sign players to build his own team yet, & has still won two trophies. But that is on condition that he gives the kids some playing time next season.

If he doesn't, I would like to get rid of him & bring in a manager who will.

Thought he had a great game V Leicester in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup semi final. Stepped up as captain for the night and led the team to a victory that effectively won the tie. more of the same in the final PLEASE

Has signed a 4 year contract today

Really believe this lad is going to make it with us one day.

More good news, there's a tipping point coming very quickly in regards to the youth setup that'll further confuse the media and all of our detractors. They're quickly running out of jibes to direct at us.

More good news, there's a tipping point coming very quickly in regards to the youth setup that'll further confuse the media and all of our detractors. They're quickly running out of jibes to direct at us.
Don't worry, I trust the press to come up with some new jibes based on half-truths and lies

Hope you are right Zab. Apart from his football talent I think the club also values his innate leadership skills.

I am loving the signing up of these players on long term deals. Let's hope Barker, Angelino, Maffeo and others are also lined up for contract extensions.

He's not really professional on twitter.

He's been liking all these tweets:

Doesn't seem to like Pellegrini that much.

He's not really professional on twitter.

He's been liking all these tweets:

Doesn't seem to like Pellegrini that much.

Yeah I posted the bottom one, sardonically. Was surprised to see him like it...

To be fair, what more can he do? He's been consistently excellent for the youth teams. Must be infuriating at times. I like Manu Garcia, but he's never had a MOTM game at any level for us, yet he's getting on the bench. It must be confusing.

Yeah I posted the bottom one, sardonically. Was surprised to see him like it...

To be fair, what more can he do? He's been consistently excellent for the youth teams. Must be infuriating at times. I like Manu Garcia, but he's never had a MOTM game at any level for us, yet he's getting on the bench. It must be confusing.
I guess Garcia has been getting a go because he plays in a position we desperately need cover, as we really lack for CM's who can dictate the ball. Whereas Kean seems to be moving into CB, a position which is going to be very tough for him to get ahead of Denayer, then there is Tosin and Humphreys lurking in the wings. I'd much rather he stayed in holding midfield as there is very much a path open there into the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.