Slippy and Dangerous flooring at the stadium.

They had taped mats to the floor just off the spirals on the entrance to block 211 yesterday.

There was a young lady adding extra tape when I arrived, so they have started to do something about the problem.

Let's hope that the mats are not their permanent solution.

This is a very common problem with this product (two pack epoxy) and as daft as it sounds, it only affects certain types of soles. I know of Identical problems where it has been put down before.

It should really have had a grit layerput down with the second coat or sprinkled on top afterwards, but this holds the dirt and is near impossible to clean as it shreds mop heads, etc to bits. They've probably left it off for this reason and to give a better finish aesthetically.

If anyone has slipped and injured themselves they would have a very strong claim for compensation. The club would not have a leg to hand on, pardon the pun.

It should really have had a grit layerput down with the second coat or sprinkled on top afterwards, but this holds the dirt and is near impossible to clean as it shreds mop heads, etc to bits. They've probably left it off for this reason and to give a better finish aesthetically.
Better a floor dirty than a fan dead!

Only just seen this thread. I slipped on level 2 on a rainy evening a couple of years ago, the Ajax game, and dislocated my shoulder. The clubs immediate concern went as far as sending someone round to photograph my trainers, I kid you not, while I was in agony and waiting for the medics. I've always assumed the club H&S knew it was a risk and were looking to protect against a claim. A steward told me it happened a lot even back then and the club were well aware of the problem.

They repainted the floor in SSL1 before yesterdays game, it now is coarse and grippy, there were none of the usual problems, despite the deluge.
Was told by a steward that area was a test area and if it was ok, they would do the rest of the concourses with it.

Good job, City. Finally!

They repainted the floor in SSL1 before yesterdays game, it now is coarse and grippy, there were none of the usual problems, despite the deluge.
Was told by a steward that area was a test area and if it was ok, they would do the rest of the concourses with it.

Good job, City. Finally!

It was the same on SSL3 I think

It was the same on SSL3 I think
Excellent news.
Just have to wait until it's also freezing now to see if it is now fit for purpose but it was a huge improvement on Boxing Day, it's just a shame there were so many falls and a bad injury before the club sorted it out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.