Michael Oliver

Yeah, they could test each other on the Laws of the Game.

First Question: When an attacker enters the penalty area and a defender sticks out his leg and trips the attacker, what should the referee award?

Ans: A fuckin' penalty!
To be fair, I don't think those exact words are in the book. :)

The actual script that has been modified to protect the guilty:

First Question: When an attacker enters the penalty area and a defender sticks out his leg and trips the attacker, what should the referee award?

Ans.: I look away and try to appear that I didn't see it! Is that the right answer.

Mrs O: No, yer knob it's a fuckin' penalty every day of the week!

I am not sure where in the Coaching Manual it teaches players who have just beaten another and passing behind them, that sticking a leg out is a good move. Taking the player out is almost certain, getting the ball is not

So bloody obvious I cannot see any room for doubt. I did notice the commentator on the clip saying 'Ive seen them given' as if there was an element of a doubt. He has seen them given because it was a stone wall penalty.

Avoiding the DT this morning. Perhaps City have played worse - I cannot recall when. So when I am told not to go arguing online I am happy to obey her - for a while.
Sensible chap.

I note that Clattenburg and Martin Atkinson are the two English refs chosen to officiate at Euro 2016, plus additional assistants in Michael Oliver, Anthony Taylor. Andre Marriner and Craig Pawson.
Isn't it the Peter Principle which states that in a hierarchy, people are promoted to their level of incompetence?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.