Steve Coogan

Great scene with Paul Calf walking down a street, perhaps in Rochdale. All the passersby avoid the Hare Krishna group recruiting in their orange robes.

Paul walks over to them, next scene he and the HK monks are all in a minibus dressed in sky blue robes singing who the fuck are Man United.

It used to bother me that Paul Calf was a fuckwit and he was a blue. Now I don't give a shit.
It was at a time when the only other "outed" blues were Eddie Large, Big Bernard and Curly Watts, so he didn't seem too bad. Too many trendy celeb fans these days.

Last edited:
Great scene with Paul Calf walking down a street, perhaps in Rochdale. All the passersby avoid the Hare Krishna group recruiting in their orange robes.

Paul walks over to them, next scene he and the HK monks are all in a minibus dressed in sky blue robes singing who the fuck are Man United.

Made me laugh that!

This looks promising.

Alan Partridge to explore broken Britain

By Pippa Shawley (@PippaShawley), RTS
Thursday, 31st March 2016

Alan Partridge will head on a deeply personal journey through the north in a new ‘documentary’ for Sky Atlantic.

In an attempt to make amends following a controversial on-air incident, the radio DJ will leave behind his life of luxury to visit the areas inhabited by the people he had offended, from supermarket staff to payday lenders.

Partridge will move among them in a bid to become what Sky has called “a better citizen, a better man and a better, more sought-after broadcaster.”

Along the way, he will ask whether a ‘schasm’ has formed – somewhere between a schism and a chasm – between the country’s ‘haves’ and ‘have-nots’.

“It’s great to see Alan tackle the big issues of poverty and disenfranchised youth with the same clumsy ham-fistedness we would usually expect from George Osborne,” said Partridge star Steve Coogan.

Alan Partridge’s Scissored Isle will air on Sky Atlantic on Monday 30 May.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.