PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

Why does the protest have to be a walk out? Especially on 60 minutes. That's a third of the game, a crucial game, when the team need our support. Look what happened at Anfield when there was a walk out... We need a result against West Brom. Plus City fans are a conservative lot on the whole so I can see this being a damp squib. If something has to be done then ensure that it will get wholesale support/engagement. I really don't think this will.

Surely, for a televised game, something else could be done.

How about a silent Poznan? All stand and turn backs for a minute, or more, on 60 mins.

Make banners. Protest outside the ground before and after the game. Come up with a song...

As for comparisons with what the scousers did, well they walked out on 77 minutes, at a league game, because some season tickets, for league games, were going to be £77. £77 every week is a lot of money and 77 mins is a reasonable time to be leaving... It worked. Apart from distracting the team which went on to blow a lead.

We're proposing protesting about some tickets, for a one-off CL QF, being £60, which is a lot of money, but not ridiculous IMO, and walking out, of a crucial league game, on 60 mins, which I think is an unreasonable time to be leaving, for supporters and already fragile team.

I just think a lot of the anger is about the performances of the team and manager, so frankly we're expecting to lose this PSG game. Therefore £45-60 seems a lot of money. If we were in peak form then I really don't think we would even blink at these prices, for a Champions League Quarter Final.

Let's not let our frustrations about the team boil over into an over-reaction about prices for a one-off game.

I doubt there'd be a groundswell of sympathy from outside either.

There's a difference between mobilising a few dozen posters on here, some of whom wouldn't even be at the WBA game anyway, and mobilising thousands of City fans who might not actually be that bothered about the prices. let's face it the crowds at Cl league games are very different from league games anyway. there are a lot of people who don't go to CL or even midweek games, so why should they care and therefore why should they miss a third of a game that they have actually paid for?

Just to clarify the actual prices for an adult if you are a season card or citizen card holder are

Colin Bell and East Stand Level 2 - Adults: £55
Colin Bell Stand and East Stand Levels 1 & 3 - Adults: £50
Family Stand and South Stand Level 2 - Adults: £45
Family Stand Level 1 and South Stand Levels 1 & 3 - Adults: £40

So where is this £60 coming from as no season card or citizen card holder is getting charged that. I suppose to get a campaign going the truth needs to be stretched more. But hey don't let the facts get in the way.

Who has stretched the truth? The whole thing has been about fans being charged "up to £60" - which is too much. Try again Ferran.

Why does the protest have to be a walk out? E

It doesn't - that was just the first suggestion. So far we have had little to no movement of getting something properly organised because people are still arguing that it's fair because they can afford it. No thought for the fellow fan.
Other options were given, but still no poll, and no real progress at deciding what, if anything, we are going to do, or when.

@prestwichblue you are onside, and a mod - can you make a poll?

Just to clarify the actual prices for an adult if you are a season card or citizen card holder are

Colin Bell and East Stand Level 2 - Adults: £55
Colin Bell Stand and East Stand Levels 1 & 3 - Adults: £50
Family Stand and South Stand Level 2 - Adults: £45
Family Stand Level 1 and South Stand Levels 1 & 3 - Adults: £40

So where is this £60 coming from as no season card or citizen card holder is getting charged that. I suppose to get a campaign going the truth needs to be stretched more. But hey don't let the facts get in the way.

I didn't realise non-season ticket holders didn't attend Champions League games. Silly me.

Why don't we have a 'No Spend Sit In' rather than a walk out? This includes no going for any refreshments at HT or buying anything pre-match in either the Club Shop or Bars.

It's a Win Win!

Those who feel the need to protest can do. The stadium stays full and avoids thousands setting of to the bar 30 minutes in and the club suffer financially which is what hurts.

Just imagine the chaos if not one program was sold, or all the pies, chips and beer remained unsold.

This is all about profits not image. The stadium being half empty and the team having no support to cheer them on is detrimental to the team not profits.
They'll be loads like me who always stay to the end, never buy a programme and have 4/5 pints a season inside, I suspect we're the fucked off ones so there'd be no difference in takings

I didn't realise non-season ticket holders didn't attend Champions League games. Silly me.

Would they be paying much more for a ticket than a normal league game? As a season ticket holder, I'm not sure of pricing for individual matches that non-season ticket holders pay for a reasonably high profile league game. I thought most of the angst was from season ticket holders are they are not used to paying such high prices

Where was the thought for the fellow fans when they were priced out over the few last years. It seems people are only really bothered when it affects them directly.
100% agreed. A point I have laboured. When kicking off about price rises last season, I was told to scurry along and support a different club.

the protest is simple, dont go.

but if you are going and want to protest then stay outside for the music bit

you dont miss any of the game and it is also a fuck you to the CL in general

you can also squeeze another bovril in

edit, fwiw i will be stood outside shouting scab at everyone going in!!!

To be fair there would be very few non s/c or cityzens paying £60. I'm paying £40 my sons is £10. Not that I think it shouldn't be better priced. Ironically they seemed to have got the junior prices right this time but got adults wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.