PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

It appears most will be able to get a ticket for between £40 and £50 which doesn't seem too unreasonable for a game like this. It's expensive but not much more so than prices for regular season games.

The proof of the pudding will be if it sells out or not, though that could largely depend on the result from the first leg.
And that's the point. If we only get 40,000 or so, will it still be not unreasonable? If people had been able to get tickets for £30-35, it would have sold out quickly, regardless of the first leg result.

Apologies for bumping my own thread. Got left behind in this fast moving thread.

Been thinking about the options after reading as many of the threads as possible.

Forget the tennis balls. Searches, stopped from going in, CCTV, bans, etc.

Option 1.

Meet up as usual on the concourse like any matchday. Stay on the concourse.(singing City and protest songs) Get as many other City fans to do likewise. After X amount of minutes, to be agreed, I would go for 10-15 minutes, go on to the terraces, display protest banners(make your own if need be), and stand in complete silence.

Why silence. Because regardless of all the outrage from City fans across social media, the club has stayed silent, only releasing a predictable and scripted response. That aside, silence is free and everyone can do it. If people want to celebrate if City score, that's up to them.

Option 2.

Take your seat as usual at the start of the game. Display protest banners.(see above) Stay silent.(see above) Then at a given time during the match, to be agreed, leave the terraces, go on to the concourse, and stay there until the final whistle.

The terraces have to look and be empty for as long as possible. 5 minutes isn't enough time to get maximum exposure on the TV. If this protest is going to be done properly, and with the desired impact and effect, the terraces have to be empty for between 10-20 minutes.(or a agreed time)

We only have a few weeks to get this protest organized properly. We need to make a decision ASAP and stick to it. Once we've agreed on the protest we need to spread the word via every social media platfom, via the supporter branches, fan groups, etc.

Any feedback, positive or negative, on the 2 suggestions, would be welcomed. Perhaps a BM poll?

'WITHOUT THE FANS CITY IS NOTHING'

And that's the point. If we only get 40,000 or so, will it still be not unreasonable? If people had been able to get tickets for £30-35, it would have sold out quickly, regardless of the first leg result.

My comment of it not being unreasonable is in comparison to ticket prices for league games.

I'm not sure that it would have sold out before the away leg, regardless of price (though no doubt quicker than it will with the current prices).

16-21 ticket price is too high aswell. Lots of that age bracket in full time education

My comment of it not being unreasonable is in comparison to ticket prices for league games.
But how many S/T holders do we have compared to those on CL Cup scheme? About half of S/T holders will be on the CL scheme at most.

The fact is that City fans see the league as far more important than the CL and that should have been taken into account. We got 10,000 more for the game against Bournemouth than for the games against Moenchengladbach and Kiev. We got 38,000 for the League Cup QF. We didn't even sell out the League Cup semi-final. Cup games are low priority for many fans and that includes the CL.

Mid week cup games will always have fewer attending due to it being midweek, and the travel aspect.

Some blues have to take time off work if they want to get to all these games.

Hence why the club should be keeping midweek cup game prices low to persuade people to book the time off to get to the games.

Some blues I know travel from near Middlesborough every League game, but have not joined the cup schemes. They have said if the price has been £30, they would've booked the afternoon off work to come down.

I wrote about the pricing amongst other things here: http://liamwright1987.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/the-state-of-things.html

I've not read the whole thread but I cannot understand why anyone would not want to do something which has a chance of making you spend less long term. I fully support a protest, but then again I don't live in "well at least it's not 1998" land where you feel like you have to have the piss taken you out financially because we haven't got a shit team anymore.

Mid week cup games will always have fewer attending due to it being midweek, and the travel aspect.

Some blues have to take time off work if they want to get to all these games.

Hence why the club should be keeping midweek cup game prices low to persuade people to book the time off to get to the games.

Some blues I know travel from near Middlesborough every League game, but have not joined the cup schemes. They have said if the price has been £30, they would've booked the afternoon off work to come down.
I'm not saying tickets shouldn't be cheaper but the further fans travel the more irrelevant the ticket price becomes. We travel to games and by the time travel , food and usually a nights accommodation are taken into account £10 / £15 off the ticket price doesn't make a huge difference to us.

It has been said on here but it seems City would much prefer empty seats rather than a full, passionate stadium. It contradicts itself a bit though as this is the be all and end all for us this season the Champions League yet we would prefer to lose what little advantage a full stadium could bring.

Hamburg a few years ago, Uefa Cup quarter final, at a time City were trying to make a name for themselves across Europe and at a time success and finals were few and far between. £5 a ticket! Now I’m not for one second saying do this for a fiver a ticket but for the difference in income and the positivity of an excited full stadium surely has more benefit than an empty one? We are so out of touch as a football club it is becoming untrue. We don’t have a daft fan base yet to exploit if we price out our fans we don’t have rich replacements for them. People are saying it’s a Champions League quarter final what do we expect? Well Bayern won’t be charging these kind of prices.

It has been said on here but it seems City would much prefer empty seats rather than a full, passionate stadium. It contradicts itself a bit though as this is the be all and end all for us this season the Champions League yet we would prefer to lose what little advantage a full stadium could bring.

Hamburg a few years ago, Uefa Cup quarter final, at a time City were trying to make a name for themselves across Europe and at a time success and finals were few and far between. £5 a ticket! Now I’m not for one second saying do this for a fiver a ticket but for the difference in income and the positivity of an excited full stadium surely has more benefit than an empty one? We are so out of touch as a football club it is becoming untrue. We don’t have a daft fan base yet to exploit if we price out our fans we don’t have rich replacements for them. People are saying it’s a Champions League quarter final what do we expect? Well Bayern won’t be charging these kind of prices.

I don't disagree with your post mate but for factual accuracy Bayern charge a fortune for CL games with the exeption of a few blocks. For example, they are charging between 110-130 euros against Benfica in the QF for the stands down the side i.e the equivalent of Colin Bell and East Stand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.