EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What many people simply do not realize is that far from getting cheaper by being in the EU, we pay MORE than the open market world price, and that is on top of what we pay just to be a member of the club. Add that to the cost of the mountains of rules and regulations heaped on our companies in order to sell less than 10% of our exports to the EU an it makes little or no sense to be a member.

Professor Minford CBE is one of the leading economists in the country, an well worth looking up on youtube if you want to weigh up the pros an cons of what the politicians are trying to tell you.

It was never about influencing and from your comments it is clearly having the desired effect

So is this you admitting that your agenda is to suppress discussion by posting meaningless shite rather than enter any relevant points because you can not support your stance with reason or fact ?, how very little leftie of you ;0(

So is this you admitting that your agenda is to suppress discussion by posting meaningless shite rather than enter any relevant points because you can not support your stance with reason or fact ?, how very little leftie of you ;0(
No it's not, it is me saying that there is lots of thinking that cannot be cured and people whose thinking should not be influenced

Yes it is. So long as that desired effect was turning me off the idea of the EU. My first vote was to stay in. Well done.
I would love to think there are people in this world whose votes are influenced by Bluemoon it would be a beautiful thing. People's worlds shaped by off topic - it is a golden thought but as realistic as Nigel farage's vision for the future.

Ultimately out may be the only way of making people realise that Europe was never the issue and though it'll make things worse maybe they have to get worse before home truths are accepted and Britain starts blaming Britain for Britain's woes and not always avoiding the issues.

Last edited:
I think its more that views like yours when exposed for what they are can convince people that the wrong side is yours ;0)

Just a couple of questions.

Cameron promised to hold an EU referendum before the election win. Why did he promise this ? What brought this about in the first place.

Why, after winning the election did he not just squirm his way out of it like politicians Do on a lot of the promises they make pre election ?

It just seems odd that he would push for something he seems very dead against.

I'm quite ill informed about how the ball got rolling on this pre election

Cameron promised to hold an EU referendum before the election win. Why did he promise this ? What brought this about in the first place.

Why, after winning the election did he not just squirm his way out of it like politicians Do on a lot of the promises they make pre election ?

The UKIP vote comprised of about 4 million, I think, and the UKIP message was gaining traction daily, hence his promise to ask the populace
if re-elected. He thought, probably rightly, that Conservatives considering defecting would return to the fold with the referendum promise,
and the welcome bonus of many Labour voters turning to UKIP did him no harm in the election.

The election was going to be very close and he was worried that sufficient Tory voters would potentially vote UKIP shifting the balance of the result, so he offered a referendum to keep them on board.

Impossible for him to squirm out of it because there'd have been open warfare in his own party if he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.