EDS future opportunities and progression?

twosips

I know for a fact there is a problem with the perception with how the youngsters are progressing from the parents and so on. Like it or not, that's the perception. It doesn't help when they see their mates already at u18s and even u21s level. They play for England and they're the only ones left at u16s level and they spend every week winning 6/7/8-0 and you can kinda understand why their parents think 'are they really learning anything anymore? Shouldn't they move up?' - and then they see the reason they can't move up is cos we kinda have a backlog of players in their positions who are just milling about with no real integration into the first team.

Whether you all agree or not, that is the perception from some. Pellegrini hasn't helped this unfortunately, but fingers crossed Pep fixes it.

I know for a fact there is a problem with the perception with how the youngsters are progressing from the parents and so on. Like it or not, that's the perception. It doesn't help when they see their mates already at u18s and even u21s level. They play for England and they're the only ones left at u16s level and they spend every week winning 6/7/8-0 and you can kinda understand why their parents think 'are they really learning anything anymore? Shouldn't they move up?' - and then they see the reason they can't move up is cos we kinda have a backlog of players in their positions who are just milling about with no real integration into the first team.

Whether you all agree or not, that is the perception from some. Pellegrini hasn't helped this unfortunately, but fingers crossed Pep fixes it.
If Pep can't find prospective first squad players in our Academy then who the hell can? My worry will be that some of our young players will fly the coop before he gets here.

Last edited:
I wonder who is giving them this idea that Pep won't give a shit about the youth players?

as the academy gets stronger and more of the various youth teams get filled with potential top talents, seeing one or two escape the net now and then is pretty likely in my opinion.

bayern let hummels go to dortmund and emre can to leverkusen.

also, look at barca, they lost both pique and fabregas at 16 if i remember correctly, bellerin more recently at 16 too i think as well.

Funny that they say he wants to leave the club. He was all for City on his Twitter account when we beat PSG. I very much doubt mamy in youth squad will actually leave once Pep actually sits down with them. Their lives aren't driven by the press.

Last edited:
as the academy gets stronger and more of the various youth teams get filled with potential top talents, seeing one or two escape the net now and then is pretty likely in my opinion.

also, look at barca, they lost both pique and fabregas at 16 if i remember correctly, bellerin more recently at 16 too i think as well.

I think this us inevitable. In the hypothetical situation where all the players in every age group were Champions League standard, we'd have to change the entire team every year to accommodate them all. I think two or three players from every age group would be the most we could actually integrate at any given time.

and Jordi Alba, Gerard Deulofeu Joan Verdu, Mikel Arteta.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.