Football trivia question

The first six are correct.
Roy Keane was suspended, and Duff had long since left Chelsea
Darren Gibson is Northern Irish, but I don't think he played in a Final
Gibson was born in Derry but opted for the Republic. A clear case of Northern Ireland's loss being the Republic's loss too! :-)

That said, I think you're right that he has never played in a European final.

Just to confirm.
Shay Given and Kelvin Davis have both played in the Premier League this season, and also played against City at Maine Road.

On the subject of goalkeepers, can you name the 10 who played for City in the 1980s, plus the 4 outfield players who had to go in goal, due to injury/red card?

So Shay now holds the record for longest gap between playing against City at Maine Road and CoMS/Etihad.

It's a record that will probably never be broken.

So Shay now holds the record for longest gap between playing against City at Maine Road and CoMS/Etihad.

It's a record that will probably never be broken.

Looking at the list of reserve goalkeepers, I can only think of Mark Schwarzer possibly getting a Premier League game for Leicester

Richard Wright could get it for playing at both grounds, albeit he would be playing for City!

I suspect the list of outfield players would be small as well

Barry, Lescott, Terry, Carrick, OShea and Distin, all played at the ETIHAD this season, and also at Maine Road.

Brown and Defoe didn’t play for Sunderland on Boxing Day. However, there must be a few more?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.