Southampton post match thread

I think management believes this holistic (?) idea - that players in similar positions should be able to perform equally as well as the players they replace.
But that's what driving so many us crazy ... he DOESN'T play them in similar positions. Our strongest, most effective formation all season has been 4231 ... so today he picks a weaker team but then lines them up in a 442, the formation that has punished us every time he has used it, even when we are at full strength. It's just perverse, obstinate, stubborn stupidity. And it's not like it's a surprise. All season long this forum has been full of people screaming blue murder over three things: 1) do NOT play 442, particularly if it's compounded by the selection of Bony; 2) do NOT play Yaya in a defensive two; and 3) do NOT play MDM as one of our central defenders. It's like he can't help himself.

It certainly wouldn't be a poor season. However, I'd say trophies apart, we've been very poor to watch a lot of this season, and we've been battered a few times in the league.

So, if the rags win the FA Cup and get top four and we finish fifth, and go out in Madrid whose had the shit season?

Be careful , he's been DOF of Barcelona so he can't possibly get anything wrong about a league he has never managed or played in before.

He's the Messiah don't you know - he's that fucking good he can only do it with his best mate Pep holding his hand.

He will be off within months of Pep leaving after his three years in charge - then the real fucking job starts .
We've been so fucking naive, borderline stupid.

We have a better 2nd 11 than almost anyone else in the country but this turd hws turned not only the 2nd 11 but the first 11 into a lower mid table team.

Of course we need to upgrade. That doesn't excuse what we have seen this season.

This bloke has cruised through the season basically saying that his part in it is 100% correct & not even attempted to solve any of our problems. Just sent out the same plan over and over again.

Some people just ignore this point.

If he had tried stuff & it failed then fair enough. He's tried nothing.

It's impossible to tell how good or bad our squad is with an arsehole like that in charge.

Your a fan of him then, I can tell :)

At least Rags drew today so we had a new margin for error. It's been used already though.

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini told BBC Sport: "I'm very frustrated because I didn’t expect that performance - especially in defence. At least four of them [today's line-up] are not playing [regularly].

"I think we could've played on Saturday and named a stronger team. But in this case we had to prioritise Wednesday's game [against Real Madrid].

"The best way to prepare is to win but we couldn’t do it."

Guess what Manuel......nearly all of Bluemoon DID!!!
Manuel
You play a half decent side and you get A result which leaves you still 5 ahead of your nearest rival in 5th. Then you go to Madrid with a bit of confidence. 8 changes are too big IMO because in particular the midfield could have been flooded even with just Nacho up front . Perhaps Play Gael instead of Aleks and Navas on the right .Nasri on left . Maybe even Fernando on in the first half . It's a risk yes but gives us some sort of platform. It's our livelihood this premier league.
With that midfield today the centre backs are under pressure . Midfield in particular has been our problem this season . Everyone knows it . If we could keep it tight and solid there , it does give an outlet to Nacho to do what he does best . Getting turned over by 4 goals isn't pretty . It is happening far too often and still you don't learn do you ? You better get it right on Wednesday AND against Arsenal .

Be careful , he's been DOF of Barcelona so he can't possibly get anything wrong about a league he has never managed or played in before.

He's the Messiah don't you know - he's that fucking good he can only do it with his best mate Pep holding his hand.

He will be off within months of Pep leaving after his three years in charge - then the real fucking job starts .

Serious question. Is there a possibility Pep could crash and burn in this league?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.