Southampton post match thread

We've been so fucking naive, borderline stupid.

Dare I say it mate but the owners are so naive it's frightening - by employing ex Barcelona staff and getting Pep in they think theyve cracked it.

Facts are it took Barca over 2 decades to get to the level they are now - we are trying to do it in 5 years.

Naive in the extreme.

Absolutely dreadful from start to finish. As Graeme Souness said, it's no wonder these players won't be featuring on Wednesday night. Sterling is a real problem. I was ecstatic when we got him but he's been dreadful apart from a few early season performances

Dare I say it mate but the owners are so naive it's frightening - by employing ex Barcelona staff and getting Pep in they think theyve cracked it.

Facts are it took Barca over 2 decades to get to the level they are now - we are trying to do it in 5 years.

Naive in the extreme.
I agree with you mate. For Pep to be a success he would've needed the foundations of a solid team. At Barca he had Xavi Iniesta Puyol Messi, at Bayern Muller Lewandowski Lahm Neur etc. At city we don't really have that calibur of players so who knows how this pep experiment will turn out.

We may have a better 2nd X1 than most, if not all other in the league, but our 2nd XI is still not good enough to beat most first teams in this is league, and therein lies the problem - we aren't playing everybody else's 2nd X1.

I'd go so far as to say with just 3 of our best XI missing, we become mid table quality.

The way things are going, next season could see us emulating Chelsea this season.

We may have a better 2nd X1 than most, if not all other in the league, but our 2nd XI is still not good enough to beat most first teams in this is league, and therein lies the problem - we aren't playing everybody else's 2nd X1.

I'd go so far as to say with just 3 of our best XI missing, we become mid table quality.

The way things are going, next season could see us emulating Chelsea this season.
It's the attitude of the second XI, not their ability

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.