Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how exactly decisions are made. My sense is Pelegrini doesn't have free reign to get whoever he wants. That's my sense. Some who dislike Pellars or realize he is the one leaving, would like to believe he asked specifically for all these players. That way, he gets the blame and since he is leaving we are good now.

If I were to guess, I'd say he pushed for Demi, and Caballero. Possibly Negredo, Navas and Otamendi. My sense is that with players like Bony, Delph, Fernandihno, Fernando, Mangala, Jovetic, Sterling, DeBryune E.t.c. He was more of a rubber stamp of what Txiki and Ferra had already put together.

Again, that's my sense of it. I have no factual basis for this. Just speculative deduction.
So in summary, you randomly guess that all the players from La Liga were his idea? Bony looked very much like his idea tbh, he is the one obsessed with playing 2 strikers and he's the one who seems to always want a big man alongside Aguero. Bony doesn't look like anything Txiki has signed before, it would be very odd for him to think that Bony is in keeping with the philosophy he's put in place throughout the club. (also, Pellegrini does seem to fucking love him) Again, all guesses though, I'm sure that there are a lot more people involved in signing players than just those two as well, it's impossible to know who was really who's idea with the odd exception (Caballero and Demichelis)

My understanding has always been that DoF's are more about the long term acquisitions, whereas the manager requests players for the short term, but who knows.

So in summary, you randomly guess that all the players from La Liga were his idea? Bony looked very much like his idea tbh, he is the one obsessed with playing 2 strikers and he's the one who seems to always want a big man alongside Aguero. Bony doesn't look like anything Txiki has signed before, it would be very odd for him to think that Bony is in keeping with the philosophy he's put in place throughout the club. (also, Pellegrini does seem to fucking love him) Again, all guesses though, I'm sure that there are a lot more people involved in signing players than just those two as well, it's impossible to know who was really who's idea with the odd exception (Caballero and Demichelis)

My understanding has always been that DoF's are more about the long term acquisitions, whereas the manager requests players for the short term, but who knows.
I did say I was guessing :)
Caba and Demi 'played with him hence we both assumed his decision. The La Liga folks coz I think he'd be consulted. Others not so much.

Bony haa started 18 of about 90 possible games since he got here. Some are injury absences, others are flat out not being started.

Contrary to popular opinion, he doesn't really favor Bony. And he binned the 2 Striker system rather than feature Bony in it.

The reason why I picked the others, Navas, and Negredo is because he favors them.

I think Navas earned his favor but that's just me.

I did say I was guessing :)
Caba and Demi 'played with him hence we both assumed his decision. The La Liga folks coz I think he'd be consulted. Others not so much.

Bony haa started 18 of about 90 possible games since he got here. Some are injury absences, others are flat out not being started.

Contrary to popular opinion, he doesn't really favor Bony. And he binned the 2 Striker system rather than feature Bony in it.

The reason why I picked the others, Navas, and Negredo is because he favors them.

I think Navas earned his favor but that's just me.
I think he's played Bony far more than his form has deserved, so I would say he looks to be one of his favourites. He's persisted with him far more than a manager who is leaving at the end of the year would if he didn't rate him. Navas and Negredo I'd agree that he liked the idea of, I imagine there was a bit of both in those. It is hard not to use the way the manager has used players to decide how much he wanted them. From that point of view it certainly looks like he didn't care much for Mangala, Sterling, Delph or Fernandinho, they always seem to be the first to get brought off or dropped from the side regardless of how they are playing.

Being a DoF looks a shit job tbh, you buy a bunch of players and then have to just watch as someone else uses them badly, then you get it in the neck for it. If things work out then the manager gets all the credit, I can't think of too many DoF who ever get any credit. I'd probably go full on Massimo Cellino and start demanding the manager played the players I want the way I want!

I don't like him but I'd love it to happend just to see the Arsenal fans (especially Piers Morgan) reaction.

I don't like him but I'd love it to happend just to see the Arsenal fans (especially Piers Morgan) reaction.
What don't you like?

Pep apparently insisted on the signing of Sanchez when he was at barca, i hope he does the same when he comes here.

is exactly what we need. Reus, Sanchez or Greizmann have to be our main target!

Like this I bet
10zv5te.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.