The battle for 4th place

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always judge the insight and knowledge of the game of people on here when they cannot even spell the name of a player who has been with us for six years !
He may have spelt Kolarov wrong, he's right though IMO. Don't want any of those three near the starting line up on Sunday.

Pepito is in town today with Arteta.

That's right

Pepito is in town today with Arteta.

Has he changed his name?

Cheers for the info, will be interesting to see if we have briefed the media and allow them to film/take pics of him here.

It isnt blind faith mate, its the reality of the situation and football, anything can happen.

Too many think we will lose, (fair enough given our form of late) but sit there thinking the rags will never lose and that's frankly laughable given their record this season as well.
I fully understand why there was disappointment after the Arsenal game. For us to be in a situation where we were relying on others for a top 4 place was painful - even more so when the team who could capitalise was those cunts.

If the team want fourth then it's there for the taking. If we let it slip then it's unforgivable, especially after hearing that the squad isn't getting the major overhaul many of us expect, and what's needed.

Didn't know the score at Upton Park until I woke up this morning. One of the most pleasant surprises of this season, to be honest. You beautiful Irons!
Right, we've been given a get-out-of-jail card. All we need, in fact, is a draw. Some seem to be missing this. I don't say we should play for a draw — I think we should go haring at them and wallop them, to make up for the Arsenal game (where we were not that bad, actually, it was the defence that let us down badly on both goals) — but it's all we need, regardless of what United do against Bournemouth. We have a vastly superior goal difference, one point will see us in CL. We do deserve it, because those below us have been even worse. It's as simple as that.

Is there any real story behind this or are you sat in Cheetham Hill in a flat on the 10th Storey?

I'm intrigued, if it's made up its pretty left field.

Straight up. Live in the north of Thailand and doing my bit for the team. To be honest, I am not doing the chanting myself. I don't know how ...

It isnt blind faith mate, its the reality of the situation and football, anything can happen.

Too many think we will lose, (fair enough given our form of late) but sit there thinking the rags will never lose and that's frankly laughable given their record this season as well.
This all day long. The whole point of watching football is the spectacle and that lives on because, contrary to some views, it isn't preordained who'll win and who'll lose. Also, against received wisdom, there are very few 'shit' teams in the PL. If you're slightly off it, or if they're right on it, you'll often lose. For those saying we're lucky to be in the top 4, look at the goal difference. Best 4 are usually top 4, worst 3 are usually relegated.

We should never have been in this situation and I blame Pellers for sending a B team to Southampton and assuming we didn't need result. But this is not time for complacency we can't just expect to turn up on Sunday for a day out. We need to make sure settle the game early doors as we did against the hammers on our last title.

wouldnt surprise me if Pellers is told who the team is to start this weekend.

As someone said earlier, we've been given a get out of jail card here and this is too important to fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.