United game postponed due to bomb scare

I'm in Mallorca at the moment and it was funny watching the Rags who turned out to watch their heroes play. Biggest laugh was that they were arguing with each other about how they could still get through if our game was a draw. Fingers were being used lol!
And toes, presumably?

The private security firm will get the blame BUT;
1) Why did the Stadium manager not oversee what they were doing to ensure it was done correctly ?
2) Why was no sweep of the stadium done before the gates were opened (if it was done why did they not find the device ?)
3) Why were the catering staff not briefed on what a code Red announcement was ?

Bearing in mind that the season was about to end why not delay the sniffer dog training for one week ? I am not usually into conspiracy theorys but I think it was planned by the Rags but it went awfully wrong. They wanted a 15 minute delay rather than the shit storm that developed, they totally misjudged the (correct) reaction of the cops. I wouldn't even put it past them to want the game caled off as now they can play the reserves on Tuesday and leave the first team fresh for Saturday. I wonder if we will hear from 'the private security company' or will that just fade away as the season has ended and summer is here.
Nothing to be gained delaying the match united had to win regardless of what city did

So last week there were 2 large scale training exercises carried out in Manchester to help prepare for a terrorist attack. One at the Trafford Centre ended in farce after one of the actors involved shouted out God is great in Arabic forcing the Police into various backtracking apologies. The other ended in farce after one of the devices used was left behind and not accounted for by the people running or hosting the training for over 4 days.

Still, sleep soundly everybody........

Nothing to be gained delaying the match united had to win regardless of what city did

If City had lost the outcome of 4th place would have been back in the rags' own hands with the advantage of not having to win while City's game was going on at the same time. The crowd would have been at fever pitch and the team motivated more than in any other game this season. As City didn't lose they still have the consolation prize of being able to rest much of their first team ahead of the cup final.

Don't forget the record breaking Adidas deal had a clause where no Champion's League for 2 out of 3 seasons means a £20m per season deduction.

Good point Blue Phil I forgot that, however it might be 2 years in a row which would make next year mega for them.

Tomorrow is significant also as if they don't win don't they go into Europa League qualifiers in July !!!

Is there any truth that the new Stone Roses song being played was the reason for everyone fucking off?

If City had lost the outcome of 4th place would have been back in the rags' own hands with the advantage of not having to win while City's game was going on at the same time. The crowd would have been at fever pitch and the team motivated more than in any other game this season. As City didn't lose they still have the consolation prize of being able to rest much of their first team ahead of the cup final.
Whatever time they played utd had to win.
The only way it could of benefitted them was if city had a big lead and they needn't have tried

Everything to be gained.
They now know the result to them doesn't matter.
So can play there under21s (if they had any but you know what I mean).
Which will then mean they have an extra week off over palace before the cup final

Good point but don't they also have to win or go in Europa qualifiers in July ?

Laugh my bollocks off if they lose both games after this farce.

Perfect karma.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.