Jacob Davenport

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen, can't argue with that. Well done.

If his body can stand up to adult football, I can't imagine him not making it at a decent level. So far it looks as if that level could be right at the top, especially in a team which plays intelligent football. Really clever player but also hard working & tough. Should really be right up Pep's street.

Well done !

the times i have seen him play, i think he has been our best player. he doesnt do fancy tricks or score goals, but he's a really important player, in terms of breaking the play up and winning the ball back. very good technically swell and moving the ball around

Davenport is genuinely fucking mint. More or less every game he's at LEAST a 7.5/10 and he would've been my nomination for u18s player of the year easy, even ahead of Brahim. I've no worries to his physicality personally. He snaps into challenges with an immense amount of ferocity and he has a wonderful ability to turn out of trouble with ease. I think he'll develop just fine on that front.

He's a Gareth Barry with more pace. Or dare I say it, a Sergio Busquets, but more English.

Davenport is genuinely fucking mint. More or less every game he's at LEAST a 7.5/10 and he would've been my nomination for u18s player of the year easy, even ahead of Brahim. I've no worries to his physicality personally. He snaps into challenges with an immense amount of ferocity and he has a wonderful ability to turn out of trouble with ease. I think he'll develop just fine on that front.

He's a Gareth Barry with more pace. Or dare I say it, a Sergio Busquets, but more English.

Either of those comparisons work for me.

I think it is too early to think first team for Jacob but I have a feeling he is Pep's type of player. Knows his role very well, breaks up play well, sees trouble and gets into great positions to sort it out. Looks to have a great character and loves a challenge. And is a big City fan as i assume has been mentioned on here already.

How old is he? What's the best move for him next season, loan or year with the EDS?
He's a 17 year old first year scholar, he'll probably be with the EDS next season but still able to play in the FA Youth Cup and UEFA U19 Youth League. Plenty of games and experience for him.

If he did score it might be described as a 'Jacob's Cracker'!

Have we had a Jacob in the team before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.