Colonoscopy

just got home after having mine, now sending me for MRI scan, think all went well but this scan is putting a bit of doubt in my mind, hopefully its just me worrying to much
Glad it went well, as well as it can having a camera shoved up your arse : )
I had to wait nearly 4 weeks for my results and the wait had me worried, but in the end everything was fine.
On the plus side at least they are covering all bases, so in the end you'll definitely know either way.
I know it's easy to say, having been in your position but try not to worry too much.
All the best blue.

I went for one recently and they found a very large polyp, 60 cm's in dia. It was a messy thing to have cut out and I had a lot of bleeding afterwards.
This thing was pre-cancerous thank god but couldve changed anytime.
I had no symptoms just a routine colonoscopy, can I urge anyone on here over 50 to go for regular colonoscopies, and get any polyps removed, bowel cancer is a major killer here in Oz, in fact with all the processed foods the western diet consists off, its becoming a bit of an epidemic.
I'll be having another one in 2 years.

Taking my Dad for one on Friday,is it painful? Hes got to have someone stay with him overnight which im doing.Any other tips to help him?

Glad it went well, as well as it can having a camera shoved up your arse : )
I had to wait nearly 4 weeks for my results and the wait had me worried, but in the end everything was fine.
On the plus side at least they are covering all bases, so in the end you'll definitely know either way.
I know it's easy to say, having been in your position but try not to worry too much.
All the best blue.
thanks pal, appreciated

I've got to go for one next Monday. Fortunately, they're only giving me an enema as preparation. Far better than the Gastrografin they gave me last time, when I had a CT Colonoscopy 3 or 4 years ago, and they found a small polyp. They want to take a (ahem) closer look, and probably remove it this time.

I'm really looking forward to the visit!

(For those of you who watch Mock the Week, this conundrum should be in the "if this is the answer, what is the question?" section.
Answer: 3 hours.
Question: After taking Gastrografin, how long does it take for toilet paper to turn into glass paper?)
I usually have the drink but last week they gave me a enema and it was fucking painful either she didn't know what she was doing or she is a sadist

Taking my Dad for one on Friday,is it painful? Hes got to have someone stay with him overnight which im doing.Any other tips to help him?

Ive never actually felt a thing mate, some have though ........tell him to put some vaseline round his anus when taking the prep it helps stop any rawness with all the shitting

I felt great just before the procedure, the plumbing all cleaned out :)

Had one last week chose not to have sedation as you have to stay a couple of hours after but did have gas and air ( not wind). They put the screen on so you can watch the camera on its journey jeez give me sky sports any day!.anyway it all looks the same as the movie prep cleans your insides I had 3 small Pollops removed . And the doctors said to me "didn't you have prostate cancer" I said yes he said age 46 isn't that a bit young for prostate cancer so I replied " I didn't ask for it" to which he said it wouldn't be fair to get cancer again and told me everything was clear. Relieved wasn't the word it's been a long six months for me wudnt wish it on anyone.

Had one last week chose not to have sedation as you have to stay a couple of hours after but did have gas and air ( not wind). They put the screen on so you can watch the camera on its journey jeez give me sky sports any day!.anyway it all looks the same as the movie prep cleans your insides I had 3 small Pollops removed . And the doctors said to me "didn't you have prostate cancer" I said yes he said age 46 isn't that a bit young for prostate cancer so I replied " I didn't ask for it" to which he said it wouldn't be fair to get cancer again and told me everything was clear. Relieved wasn't the word it's been a long six months for me wudnt wish it on anyone.

Good on ya mate ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.