Are People Who Have Facebook And Social Media Accounts Attention Seekers?

Malty

I mean why else would you need to post pictures of everything you do for other people to like and comment on?

If you are secure with yourself why does it matter!?

Never understood that mentality.. seems a backslapping contest on who can post the best pictures/updates. If you want someone ring them the old fashioned way.

Agreed, couldn't give a fuck about some distant friends new car, dog, kids, holidays or what they're having for tea and I don't need anyone's approval on my life.

Never been on FB or twitter or owt else and never will.

It always seems to me that people who don't like/use social media adopt an air of condescension and pride in their ignorance of it.
It's not for you, fine, why the need to share that?
Each to their own

I think the internets irony meter is on the blink. Best send somebody from IT to fix it.

I mean why else would you need to post pictures of everything you do for other people to like and comment on?

If you are secure with yourself why does it matter!?

Never understood that mentality.. seems a backslapping contest on who can post the best pictures/updates. If you want someone ring them the old fashioned way.

It always seems to me that people who don't like/use social media adopt an air of condescension and pride in their ignorance of it.
It's not for you, fine, why the need to share that?
Each to their own

I also think they are the type of people who have a very limited spread (geographically) of friends and family. I find FB really useful to keep in touch with people that, at points in my life (University, past jobs, schools etc) have been really good friends, but who now live in Singapore, Australia, India, Germany, Oman, wherever. In the past it is likely that i would have lost touch with these people which would have been a real shame, now we still know roughly what each other is up to, can share a joke with one another and keep up to date with important events in each others lives. Plus if we ever are in the same time zone we will be able to meet up with each other.

Granted people who constantly post drivel about their children or their dinner can be a bit of a bore but generally i am not friends with boring idiots so i don't suffer this much (it is mainly from the wives of a couple of mates who have nothing better to do or say), but that is a small price to pay for the benefits described above.

Twitter is a work tool, nothing more nothing less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.