House Buying / Selling Thread

Gareth Barry Conlon

There was a thread on this a while ago, just thought it would be interesting to see how people are getting on.

I work with three people who have been trying to move for a while and all three are now in the process. 2 paid bang on the asking price to get the houses they wanted and had to make their offers within days of it going on the market. One has bought and sold in Swinton she made her offer the day it went on the market she then sold her house the next day as the agents had buyers lined up. Seems like there is a lot of life in the market for genuine buyers / sellers and you need to move quick, quite surprising given the recent changes to stamp duty and Brexit clouds on the horizon.

Anyone else buying / seling at he moment?

I bought in February. First time buyer with my girlfriend, only started looking in January. The house was listed at £220k, managed to buy for £207k which I was more then happy with. It's a really nice, well sized house in a decent area so, all going well with the missus, should be in there a good few years.

If house prices continue going up I'll perhaps look at selling, but in no rush at the moment!

I don't see the changes in stamp duty being of any relevance as they only affect you if you are BTL purchaser.

In Poynton there are a lot of houses been up a long time.

I don't see the changes in stamp duty being of any relevance as they only affect you if you are BTL purchaser.

In Poynton there are a lot of houses been up a long time.

There is a subtle change where anyone who purchases a house and still owns a separate house (in any way) pays a higher 3% minimum rate. So if you own a BTL your domestic move costs you more – or if you own a holiday home – or if your parents have put you on the deeds to their house etc. This change and few changes to BTL that make it less attractive came in in April and there was an expectation that it would lead to a cooling of the property market but it doesn’t appear that way.

It’s subtle changes that favours first time buyers or buyers with no other involvement in property – Poynton is the sort of place where that may have an impact.

In the process of buying. We sold our house last summer and have been renting since then. We're in a rural area, where houses can sit on the market for years. And these are very nice houses, at good prices too.

We had an offer accepted a few months ago, then the home buyer report came back listing a dodgy roof, damp, damaged asbestos, a cracked lintel and extensive woodworm in one of the outbuildings (which a neighbouring property goes partly above). So naturally we fucked it off! The house was very well presented, so we were pretty shocked.

Then just as we withdrew our offer, a house came on in the ideal location, so we put in a low offer (which was rejected) before coming back with a lowish offer (about 10% below the asking price), which was accepted.

Just waiting for the home buyer report now (fingers, toes and eyes all crossed...).

My mother has just sold her house in New Moston after 2 weeks. Up for sale Tuesday, 4 viewings on the Saturday and three of the 4 made offers. Accepted an offer £1000 over the asking price.

I've sold my place at 98% of asking price, rural location with reasonable amount of interest and was on market for 7 weeks. Looking to buy and just had an initial offer refused on a place.....had offered 15% below the asking price ;)

It's crap in Oldham, mines been on the market since January had 4 viewings, I can't really put it any lower as we couldn't afford to move, may end taking money out of it and renting it while buying another. Where we live is ideal for town and we are right on the m60 just Oldhams rep fucks everything up.

It's crap in Oldham, mines been on the market since January had 4 viewings, I can't really put it any lower as we couldn't afford to move, may end taking money out of it and renting it while buying another. Where we live is ideal for town and we are right on the m60 just Oldhams rep fucks everything up.

Have you approached Robbie Fowler?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.