1894 Group - the summer and beyond

just sing blues sing.,,,,the atmosphere can be shite at city (home and away) because blues dont sing.
when the atmosphere at city is fantastic its because everyone joins in...it aint rocket science. same away.
sheff weds fans at wemberlee made the atmosphere the loudest wembley has ever seen,,,,,,simply because 40000 sang.
6000 of them at our ground in the cup games sounded great at city,..very loud.
Again...it aint rocket science. If we all sing....the ground is very loud.
Quite simply 95% of the city home ground cant be arsed with singing but expect the atmosphere to be great!!! that for me is the issue....the 1894 are pissing in the wind...im not sure what else they can do!

it's the more atmospheric end of the ground and will help us get the volume up a few decibels, won't see swathes of empty seats every time we score a 90 minute winner.

Obviously people will be biased depending on where they sit, the fairest resolution would be to mix it up every now and again.

(i don't sit in the north stand btw, near the half way line but more north than south) - getting fed up at the digs of "empty seats" for the family stand though, you even got it in here.

And i take it the first half of every match all last season was absolutely buzzing and fantastic atmosphere and chanting singing and amazing play? It must have been as we were attacking the south stand for that half... i mean you say it will be like that if we attack there in the 2nd half, so i guess i must have been too busy eating my sarnies and yawning (as that is what everyone except the south stand does yes?!) at every match to notice this terrific 1st half..

Sorry i'm sounding grumpy on this, i'm not a grumpy person (!), it just annoys me you have told the club it's what the fans want!!

just sing blues sing.,,,,the atmosphere can be shite at city (home and away) because blues dont sing.
when the atmosphere at city is fantastic its because everyone joins in...it aint rocket science. same away.
sheff weds fans at wemberlee made the atmosphere the loudest wembley has ever seen,,,,,,simply because 40000 sang.
6000 of them at our ground in the cup games sounded great at city,..very loud.
Again...it aint rocket science. If we all sing....the ground is very loud.
Quite simply 95% of the city home ground cant be arsed with singing but expect the atmosphere to be great!!! that for me is the issue....the 1894 are pissing in the wind...im not sure what else they can do!
Stand up and fold me arms with the best of them ;-)

On the subject of which way teams kick in the second half, the norm is players to kick towards the main singing or atmosphere end in the second half, normal players are spared on by this plus it can create more noise.

Somebody somewhere will now say "well I can't here singing in the south stand anymore than other parts of the ground". But truth of the matter is the most noise is generated from SS and kippax corner. So with this in mind we should be kicking towards the end were fans sing most, towards SS.

Another reason is that away teams in the second half as it currently stands, kick towards there fans which gives an advantage as we know.

I know fans will feel hard done by if they sit nearer the north stand but I would imagine fans want to see full advantage to our team and less advantage to away teams.

Picture KDB scoring a last minute winner in a big game in front of a singing SS with flags waving. Of course flags wave after the goal because we wouldn't want to block anyones view !

On the subject of which way teams kick in the second half, the norm is players to kick towards the main singing or atmosphere end in the second half, normal players are spared on by this plus it can create more noise.

Somebody somewhere will now say "well I can't here singing in the south stand anymore than other parts of the ground". But truth of the matter is the most noise is generated from SS and kippax corner. So with this in mind we should be kicking towards the end were fans sing most, towards SS.

Another reason is that away teams in the second half as it currently stands, kick towards there fans which gives an advantage as we know.

I know fans will feel hard done by if they sit nearer the north stand but I would imagine fans want to see full advantage to our team and less advantage to away teams.

Picture KDB scoring a last minute winner in a big game in front of a singing SS with flags waving. Of course flags wave after the goal because we wouldn't want to block anyones view !

We score more goals % wise in the second half, so you could argue attacking the north stans or the away fan factor makes no difference.

I don't care really either way if we attack the south second half so be it, and if not well never mind

Like others have said the only time I've read/heard anything about which direction we kick is on here from you. I've talked about this to people who attend the matches and all have said no way......... they like the way it is now. So where did you get the feedback from "a lot of fans"?

I have emailed the club with my view and I hope that anyone else who disagrees also emails them.

Like others have said the only time I've read/heard anything about which direction we kick is on here from you. I've talked about this to people who attend the matches and all have said no way......... they like the way it is now. So where did you get the feedback from "a lot of fans"?

I have emailed the club with my view and I hope that anyone else who disagrees also emails them.
To change the sides we would have to change dressing rooms we go to from the beginning of the match day going left instead of going to the right as the team walks through the main doors

hi. not our idea this (we do actually feel it would be the way to go) but we were called in for a meeting as fixtures are out and club asks what are your plans. throughout course of season we get lots of suggestions, kicking towards south stand 2nd half has come up a few times and back in the early part of the year - feb/march time i think we put a survey on twitter - around 1,000 responses and 20% only in favour of staying with kick to north stand 1st half. so we have simply passed it on to club in a gentle way ie "oh and by the way fans are asking if club will consider swopping ends." - up to club what they do next, players to discuss it, maybe they will ask the question on their own media, city voice, cityzens etc. No-one can please all people all of the time. personally think it would make a difference for the fans at the south end in terms of building rapport with players prior to game. also players see displays before games and kick to the noisier end 2nd half, so we passed that feedback on. views on here would only be views of individuals, if you follow 1894 facebook and twitter you'll see constant interaction with fans and we would only put forward popular views or views where there seems to be a majority in favour of it. cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.