West Ham 2016/17

BlueHammer85

A new season and a new Era for us Hammers fans.

Exciting times indeed and quite a rapid change in the whole club in just a matter of years - doesnt seem that long ago i was at Coventry away in the championship watching Carlton Cole and Freddie Piquionne up front - now, 4 years later - thanks to the owners and the foundations Big Sam left - we approach a new home, with a world class manager and some unbelievable talent in this squad

stadiumwrap726.jpg

Hard to predict how we will do, will the stadium make us stronger or unsettle us ? will we keep Payet ? will we be adding a world class striker ? already we have made some shrewd signings in Gokhan Tore, Feghouli and young Ashley Fletcher.

These are certainly good times to be a Hammer

I predict we will finish 5th

Blackburn-v-West-Ham.jpg

Good luck to you in the upcoming season, though I'd be surprised if you finish anywhere near as you predict. While West Ham were even sort of unlucky that they didn't finish higher last season, due to some shit refereeing in high-profile games like the one against Chelsea, I don't consider Bilic as good as a manager as he is currently thought of. His limitations were eventually exposed either when he managed Croatia and Besiktas. For many parts of the season, it seemed like some massive overachieving and I guess he will hardly again manage to beat all of the top sides. And who knows if Payet can replicate last season.

And the signings (Tore, Feghouli) seem a bit too much like some CPU signings on Pro Evo Soccer, though I always liked Feghouli, to be fair.

Bacca would be a wonderful addition, mind. Would love to see him in PL, he still has to have a solid season or two in him.

New surroundings could bugger up your home form.

Have you managed to keep the vocal parts of the fan base together?

Good luck to you in the upcoming season, though I'd be surprised if you finish anywhere near as you predict. While West Ham were even sort of unlucky that they didn't finish higher last season, due to some shit refereeing in high-profile games like the one against Chelsea, I don't consider Bilic as good as a manager as he is currently thought of. His limitations were eventually exposed either when he managed Croatia and Besiktas. For many parts of the season, it seemed like some massive overachieving and I guess he will hardly again manage to beat all of the top sides. And who knows if Payet can replicate last season.

And the signings (Tore, Feghouli) seem a bit too much like some CPU signings on Pro Evo Soccer, though I always liked Feghouli, to be fair.

Bacca would be a wonderful addition, mind. Would love to see him in PL, he still has to have a solid season or two in him.
So they've finally managed to pry him away from the Millenium Falcon, have they? Him and Andy Carroll will be a threat to anyone.

So they've finally managed to pry him away from the Millenium Falcon, have they? Him and Andy Carroll will be a threat to anyone.
No, that's why I said 'would be'. :) Don't even know where this stands, but a quick google has an article from the Mirror where David Sullivan still 'remains hopeful' over the deal.

A new season and a new Era for us Hammers fans.

Exciting times indeed and quite a rapid change in the whole club in just a matter of years - doesnt seem that long ago i was at Coventry away in the championship watching Carlton Cole and Freddie Piquionne up front - now, 4 years later - thanks to the owners and the foundations Big Sam left - we approach a new home, with a world class manager and some unbelievable talent in this squad

Hard to predict how we will do, will the stadium make us stronger or unsettle us ? will we keep Payet ? will we be adding a world class striker ? already we have made some shrewd signings in Gokhan Tore, Feghouli and young Ashley Fletcher.

These are certainly good times to be a Hammer

I predict we will finish 5th
Exciting moving to a new stadium. I hope it's as atmospheric as Upton Park. I think you'll do well again, although everyone knows about Payet now and I can see him getting closely marked this season. Perhaps you need a striker.

My prediction for top 6

City
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool
West Ham

Relegation:

Sunderland - If BS goes
Swansea
Burnley

Exciting moving to a new stadium. I hope it's as atmospheric as Upton Park. I think you'll do well again, although everyone knows about Payet now and I can see him getting closely marked this season. Perhaps you need a striker.

My prediction for top 6

City
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Liverpool
West Ham

That's a bold statement right there...no rags?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.