Tyrese Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree, and for City it's terrible, undoubtedly so I really hope it doesn't happen...kind of, as I do wish Denayer and Campbell well either way. On an individual case level though, can't really deny the logic Campbell has. I think Campbell is the first real clear casualty of Pellegrini cowardice tbh but i'm hoping that Pep's gonna reverse all that damage. Encouraging signs floating about twitter this morning anyway that Celina may be with the first team this year and not loaned out. That'd be a nice start.
You mean the last one?

The bottleneck that has occurred is because IMO we are holding onto players for too long. For instance, Plummer, Facey and Horsfield should have been let go a couple of years ago.

We are blaming Pellegrini for not giving youth a chance, yet Chelsea have been the most successful academy over the last 7 years and none of them have been given a chance.

The only game that really pissed me off was when Ambrose was on the bench at 17 and we were 3 goals up with 15 minutes to play and he brought Demi on. I can't remember the opponents that day, but do remember what happened.

I don't blame him for wanting to move elsewhere and I wish him the best of luck - making the move abroad is a huge decision at that age, especially considering very few English players ever make it. He'll learn a new culture both on the pitch and off it and that should put him in good stead.

Pellegrini's refusal to try youngsters out has led to a crowded scene at EDS level. Pep needs to get the conveyor belt moving again by filling his first team squad with the best talent and loaning/letting others leave.

The U18's and EDS will feature younger players again according to Wilcox so those that are around the 20-22 year old mark that haven't had opportunities yet will need to really step up. Moving forwards it puts us in a great position as younger players are getting experience at a higher level which helps them make the step up to first team football earlier. If they need first team experience elsewhere they can go and get it and still come back to City at a young age.

Whilst he possibly should have waited to see the impact Pep makes, you can't blame him for being impatient, he's clearly got the confidence and belief that he's worthy of playing at a higher level. If he channels that attitude correctly he'll be an excellent footballer.

The bottleneck that has occurred is because IMO we are holding onto players for too long. For instance, Plummer, Facey and Horsfield should have been let go a couple of years ago.

We are blaming Pellegrini for not giving youth a chance, yet Chelsea have been the most successful academy over the last 7 years and none of them have been given a chance.

The only game that really pissed me off was when Ambrose was on the bench at 17 and we were 3 goals up with 15 minutes to play and he brought Demi on. I can't remember the opponents that day, but do remember what happened.

I haven't been one to rip in to Pellers on here but there were a few occassions when youth players were on the bench and Demi came on. In his defence he would point out he needed Demi as match fit as possible but 15mins is nothing to an experianced player like Demi.

Agree with clearing out, brutal but the only way IMO. In the 20+ age group there is no real point in keeping more than a handfull of the best. Players aged 18, 19 and 20 should all have a sniff of first team football on a regular basis to keep it all competative.

Campbell scored around 50 goals last season I believe and when many of the u16s team mates got a chance to play up with the 18s Campbell didn't get the call. Well not until the end of the season and then only got half a game from the bench in 1 game and didn't get on in the other, to little to late . You have to ask despite his speed strength and goal scoring ability did Wilcox not fancy him?

Campbell scored around 50 goals last season I believe and when many of the u16s team mates got a chance to play up with the 18s Campbell didn't get the call. Well not until the end of the season and then only got half a game from the bench in 1 game and didn't get on in the other, to little to late . You have to ask despite his speed strength and goal scoring ability did Wilcox not fancy him?

It was tough to be fair considering Nmecha was banging them in too for the u18s.

Meanwhile Celina was playing as some sort of false 9 for the EDS?

Usually it was Ambrose and Faupala, but yeah at times. Tbf, Nmecha was just 16 and a first year scholar but I get the point you're making. You do wonder though if Campbell hadn't made it clear (which he did very early on) that he was leaving if City might've been kinder. Would've looked like the club were backing down to demands otherwise.

Oh I agree, and for City it's terrible, undoubtedly so I really hope it doesn't happen...kind of, as I do wish Denayer and Campbell well either way. On an individual case level though, can't really deny the logic Campbell has. I think Campbell is the first real clear casualty of Pellegrini cowardice tbh but i'm hoping that Pep's gonna reverse all that damage. Encouraging signs floating about twitter this morning anyway that Celina may be with the first team this year and not loaned out. That'd be a nice start.

That's my hope too & the signs are encouraging.

All I want is for them to get a decent chance. If they can't force their way in, then sure, move them on. Some of the older ones we have now will contribute if given a shot though. I'm sure of it. Even if it's only short term. Some might excel.

A lot has been posted already on the topic of Tyrese Cmpbell leaving. I am disappointed myself but I would have been more concerned if the likes of Phil Foden, Tom Dele-Bashiru or Jadon Sancho had turned down scholarships. I know Campbell scored a ridiculous amount of goals but I think the 3 lads I have just mentioned were the major talents of the U16s. I only saw Campbell twice in the flesh but he seemed physically bigger & more powerful than other lads in his age group & I thought this was one of the main reasons for his effectiveness.This advantage would be diminished once he moved up to the men's game.

We might have lost Campbell but a major plus is that we've added Lorenzo Gonzalez, Benjamin Garre & Ian Carlo Povedo to an already outstandingly talented group of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.