The world in TEN years (5 and a half year on from when it said 10 years)

Do you hang around with computer nerds? Or paedos? Or hackers?

100% sceners, so computer game reverse engineers (they crack your pc games and apps) then a few have legal or not legal access to the "houses". These are final edit companies for film releases to bluray etc. Say a film is in Korean, it will go to a uk house to have subtitles added properly etc before distribution to that country. Some of us can get into their servers and rip the raw files down which as you can imagine is rather illegal. Others have jobs to do also either paying and running the servers where all the material goes before it gets leaked to torrents.
Others code tools to strip protection and release them as some dvd backup app...that just so happens to strip the latest protections on discs.
Some may work at a music editing company with logins to their servers that store the music not yet released.

Many of us are highly skilled and work in top jobs, for example i know for a fact that a major Sony music guy is at least an ex scener, this chap shits in the executive bog he is that high up and you may have seen him talk on Sony's behalf on news before also. You can't be a useless do fuck all in the scene really, if you have nothing to add you don' get in. Luckily for me i have been in it so long i am viewed as an old hand so could stop doing stuff but still have access to petabytes of warez. I also pay for all my own hardware which helps a lot security wise. Some ftp sites accept payers who download stuff for about 20gbp pm they get 0sec access to latest stuff, this is where the main security issues arise.

Sorry for the offtopic mods, i just wanted to give a detailed answer.

100% sceners, so computer game reverse engineers (they crack your pc games and apps) then a few have legal or not legal access to the "houses". These are final edit companies for film releases to bluray etc. Say a film is in Korean, it will go to a uk house to have subtitles added properly etc before distribution to that country. Some of us can get into their servers and rip the raw files down which as you can imagine is rather illegal. Others have jobs to do also either paying and running the servers where all the material goes before it gets leaked to torrents.
Others code tools to strip protection and release them as some dvd backup app...that just so happens to strip the latest protections on discs.
Some may work at a music editing company with logins to their servers that store the music not yet released.

Many of us are highly skilled and work in top jobs, for example i know for a fact that a major Sony music guy is at least an ex scener, this chap shits in the executive bog he is that high up and you may have seen him talk on Sony's behalf on news before also. You can't be a useless do fuck all in the scene really, if you have nothing to add you don' get in. Luckily for me i have been in it so long i am viewed as an old hand so could stop doing stuff but still have access to petabytes of warez.

I was a computer expert once. Visited all the rooms in jet set willy. (Probably before your time)

Many of us are highly skilled and work in top jobs, for example i know for a fact that a major Sony music guy is at least an ex scener, this chap shits in the executive bog he is that high up and you may have seen him talk on Sony's behalf on news before also. You can't be a useless do fuck all in the scene really, if you have nothing to add you don' get in. Luckily for me i have been in it so long i am viewed as an old hand so could stop doing stuff but still have access to petabytes of warez.

So Paedos then.

6)TCIB and his strange mates will escape from the nonce wing of strangeways after hacking the security system using a Sinclair c5 as a getaway car.

I was a computer expert once. Visited all the rooms in jet set willy. (Probably before your time)

It is guy's from who you probably worked with who started it all then hehe. Do you remember the at&t hack in 1982? that was the kickoff point imo.
On a slight side note, i have a deep respect for Theresa May because of her stance on Gary McKinnon. Mrs May personally told the yanks to fuck off they can't have him.
Just to explain, this was a basement dwelling pot head who got into unsecure .us systems looking for aliens, he is a harmless man and they wanted to fuck him over.

sorry for the offtopic again chaps.

It is guy's from who you probably worked with who started it all then hehe. Do you remember the at&t hack in 1982? that was the kickoff point imo.
On a slight side note, i have a deep respect for Theresa May because of her stance on Gary McKinnon. Mrs May personally told the yanks to fuck off they can't have him.
Just to explain, this was a basement dwelling pot head who got into unsecure .us systems looking for aliens, he is a harmless man and they wanted to fuck him over.

sorry for the offtopic again chaps.

Fucking hell TCIB - it was a £1.99 game in my zx spectrum my big brother got for Christmas and you had to collect diamonds from rooms in a pretend house. I was 6 in 1982 so can't quite recall the famous hack you refer to. I have to get a girl at work to scan documents for me as I always end up printing instead! That is the extent of my computing skills. Anyway stop fucking my thread up!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.