New home shirt (confirmed)

Read 90% of the thread,And I think grown men bitching about a kit is sad.

You're probably right it is a bit sad. I wonder why at 50 I care so much that Nike mess about with our kits. I care so much that City allow it. I cared about the badge. More than I should. I'm glad we got a badge that doesn't look like a primary school kid designed it and looks City. And we get a shirt like this. I'm a bit of a traditionalist though. I like our (not "are") identity.

Don't get me wrong. I won't lose sleep and I have read probably less than 10% of this topic. But it's a forum to discuss it so if you have no constructive views let others air theirs.

You may well be right mate. But personally I believe any club led consultation should not include casual fans who have only recently taken up an interest in the club. To me they shouldn't have as big a say in the identity of the club than lifelong blues such as yourself.

It's not ideal, but I think the best solution we have is to limit the consultation to Cityzen members, the same as the badge consultation.

There was debate on Bluemoon for years regarding the badge. A return to the circle badge was overwhelmingly popular. There was a bit of a split on people who wanted the 3 rivers and people who wanted the rose. These results were reflected exactly in the MEN poll. They were also reflected exactly in the official Cityzens consultation.

It's therefore reasonable to assume that the general view on Bluemoon regarding the club's identity will be reflected pretty closely in the Cityzens consultation. With 98% of people voting for sky shirts and white shorts, I'd be very surprised if white shorts weren't overwhelmingly popular on a Cityzens consultation, even allowing for the odd casual fan who doesn't mind too much.

Bang on the money there.
Johnny-come-latelys or Indonesians can vote for player of the season but they should have no say in our core colours/badge/identity IMO. That could well be limited to either ST holders or members registered prior to certain day

a classic shirt with right colours looks good even on a bloke as ugly as this.

CoEwNTWXgAEi1bu.jpg

Read 90% of the thread,And I think grown men bitching about a kit is sad.
But reading 90% of the thread and then 'bitching' about people bitching is okay?

I think for most people complaining here, it's not just about the kit not being aesthetically pleasing, it's the fact that the colours are all wrong and it doesn't look like City.
I haven't bought a City shirt in 10 years but I want to watch City play in sky blue and white.

But reading 90% of the thread and then 'bitching' about people bitching is okay?

I think for most people complaining here, it's not just about the kit not being aesthetically pleasing, it's the fact that the colours are all wrong and it doesn't look like City.
I haven't bought a City shirt in 10 years but I want to watch City play in sky blue and white.

Exactly - it's not bitching about the kit per se, but about the way Nike have totally disregarded our colours and heritage... that's what i'm bitching about!
Let's face it Nike are shite with pretty much every team they make kits for... even the Rags got shite kits off them – the one with the black 'V' on the chest, for example, was a template from about 3yrs previous to them getting it! But at least they got the right short and sock combination every season!
We all understand that the shirt will have to change every year to make it sufficiently different for people to purchase - but why change shorts and socks? For me, they could keep the same design socks and shorts for 4+yrs at a time, after all i'm sure most adults only buy the shirt for match days, and mainly kids get the full kit! Keep the socks and shorts and just change the shirt!

This season, however, my main 'woman' is that Nike have given us... and pretty much everyone else... a bog-standard template, that is pretty much just Teamwear, like Sunday league teams buy from Sports Direct ffs!

93pBI8p.jpg

As jobs go, Nike kit designer is a piece of piss!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.