So is this it?

Is Hart going to be the number 1 though? Plenty are assuming he will be, and that's what it is, an assumption. What Hart offers in terms of shot stopping and one on ones (where he is as good as anyone) he takes away in poor distribution and being unable to command the area.

I watched Fabianski in the Euro's and he was brilliant (he was named in the team of the tournament). Apart from his saves he commanded the area - made catches not punches and set up a counter which resulted in a goal. I thought then he would be good competition for Hart, if we got him, and maybe take the number 1 spot.

Fabianski (nicknamed Flappyhandski by Arsenal fans) is not playing for Arsenal for a reason so on the basis of a couple of games I'm not saying he's better than Hart. I am saying he gave an all round performance that showed up Hart's weaknesses.

If Hart is not going to be able to play the ball with his feet he is not going to keep his place so it's a big challenge for him as well.

Did anybody else pick up on PG saying to little Braydon in the back of the Taxi when the little fella said he was loving the signings he had made, PG wagged his finger and said "Wait". I don't think were anywhere near done as far as transfers go.
The press reckon its Stones, Sane, Gabrielle Jesus and maybe another - how we fixed then?
I know some are desperate for new full backs but PG may switch the squad around and surprise a few e.g. Denayer and Ferna in the back four?

The team that Pep takes to the title.

................Hart
Sagna....Stones....Otamendi...Clichy
.............Fernandinho
....Silva.....................Gundongan
.................Kdb
........Kun................Leroy

With only 3 new players taht looks like a team that could cause serious problems for the opposition.

Never mind the subs, Sterling, Nacho, VK, Yaya, Nasri, Nolito et al

overconfidence at this stage is a bad thing but it does look mouthwatering.
Silva on right wing and your mouth looks full of blisters.

For the moment, I'm not looking past the CL Play Off game, which is less than three weeks away.

As for the Premier League, we had a great start last season until the CL kicked-in. No point in getting too giddy either way, but hopefully we'll have learnt from some of our repeated mistakes last season.

................Hart
.............Fernandinho
.................Kdb

With only 3 new players taht looks like a team that could cause serious problems for the opposition.

Play Navas or Nasri instead of sidewards and we will be fine

I realise your lot will be chuffed with de gae staying and pogba looking like being on his way, but to tell us city are miles away from winning the league is nonsense.

Ha ha....you're one funny man Helmet.
We are undergoing a huge transition on and off the pitch & it'll take time before we are in a title winning rythmn.
Most of our elite players haven't kicked a ball in anger yet & others won't be fit until Sept / Oct.
In the the last 2 seasons we've finished a collective 23 ? points behind the winners.
Too much of an ask this season I feel.

................Hart
.............Fernandinho
.................Kdb

doubt that will be the team, in fact I could be wrong but think he will play 3 at the back with ferdy in a modern day sweeper role with 2 of either vinny, stones or the otter and wing backs from a choice of fullbacks or wingers depending on the opposition also can see nolito getting games.

But then with Pep anything could be the formation that's why he's exciting

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.