Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who want him out with such passion look like being disappointed, since he's been named in our CL squad for the qualifying game, it means we must be quite confident that he isn't leaving in the next 2 weeks. Of course he could go after that, but if he plays in the qualifier, he'll be cup tied thereafter I assume, which removes our ability to sell him to another CL team, and I can't see him going to a club not in Europe because of his wages.

Just pointing out that kolarov hasn't got the most goals/assists. Anyway I would rather judge players by watching them and i've never rated Kolarov. First job of defender is to defend and he isn't very good at it.
Kolarov has a better rate of assists which is why i said most consistent.

Realistically the Kolarov debate comes down to what do you see his primary job as:
To defend
To support the attack

I suspect my answer is different to most of this forum's, as mancini, pellegrini were.

Pep i think appreciates his good long passing, the best passer out of our Cb options over summer.

It's unfair people just want kolarov fucked off at any cost and disrespectful to a player who has done really good things for us at times.

Hand on heart i don't remember kolarov letting us down any more than some of our other players, i just think some city fans didn't take to him and he's never getting that back.

Saw the Kolarov thread locked in transfer forum and got giddy thinking he'd been sold...on well, cant have everything!;)

Kolarov has a better rate of assists which is why i said most consistent.

Realistically the Kolarov debate comes down to what do you see his primary job as:
To defend
To support the attack

I suspect my answer is different to most of this forum's, as mancini, pellegrini were.

Pep i think appreciates his good long passing, the best passer out of our Cb options over summer.

It's unfair people just want kolarov fucked off at any cost and disrespectful to a player who has done really good things for us at times.

Hand on heart i don't remember kolarov letting us down any more than some of our other players, i just think some city fans didn't take to him and he's never getting that back.

Here is the perfect example of why many don't like him

https://m.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/4h9oj2/sadio_mané_goal_vs_manchester_city_20/

I just love the way some dismiss him so easily as not "Being a top class defender" rather than remembering what he brings to the team, he gives us a threat down the left, decent balls into the box and a goal threat on his left peg anywhere within 30 yards, not to shabby in the air and passes with intelligence rather than sideways and backwards like most defenders.

Yes there are better defenders, but as a package he`s well worth keeping an I suspect Pep will utilize him as an enforcer/sweeper in some games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.