David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he played pretty well and that role in the 4-3-3 seems like a no-brainer for him. He gets the freedom to push forward and make the final pass, and when we're a bit deeper it's easier for him to be involved and dictate things compared to when he's out wide or playing right behind the striker.

Some wildly contrasting views on his performance yesterday. I thought he played well, looked fit and refreshed and enjoying the CM position where he could switch between defensive and attacking roles.

I thought he looked great in spells, the problem is his noticeable lack of legs, that could end up costing him. Obviously Pep saw it similarly as he hauled him off after an hour, which changed the game for the worse for us as Delph was useless as usual, but Silva's knowledge and understanding just sets him apart in our squad imo.

I thought he looked great in spells, the problem is his noticeable lack of legs, that could end up costing him. Obviously Pep saw it similarly as he hauled him off after an hour, which changed the game for the worse for us as Delph was useless as usual, but Silva's knowledge and understanding just sets him apart in our squad imo.

And then someone named Gundogan was signed.... I agree with you though, there is a measured decline in his play, brilliant to watch in flashes!!!

Failed to strike the ball for one of City's best chances, but he has always had the "can't shoot , won't shoot" in him. Most of the team was similar yesterday though.

Failed to strike the ball for one of City's best chances, but he has always had the "can't shoot , won't shoot" in him. Most of the team was similar yesterday though.

well KDB and Kun clearly had the "can shoot, but seeing as all the fans hate BT Sport so much we'll take out a couple of their camera men instead" mentality yesterday.

Have to agree, thankfully he can be rotated this year and get some rest, clearly missing a yard though, which is sad!!
Agree with him being rotated will do him the world of good and keep him fresh. Disagree he was poor. He looked up for it in the first half and some of his link up play was rolling back the years. Was rightly taken off as he was starting to flag and no doubt the midweek game played a part.

Yes I went.
MUEN player ratings gave him a low score.
You're obviously happy just to go along with everyone else's view.
Did you go by the way?

No I didn't, I had to settle for watching at home. He was by no means our best player but he certainly wasn't poor and I thought we looked worse once he'd gone off. I thought Aguero and KDB had stinkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.