David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's on borrowed time if yesterday is anything to go by.

He's simply the obviousl person to make way for Gundogan, who has much more physicality to his game, but can also dicate play similar to Dave.

We have lost that huge power in the middle without Yaya and look visibly smaller all over the pitch.

Pep was clearly very happy with him yesterday, but I think Silva is now entering that new phase of his career when he will need to adapt to rotation, just like other mere mortals.

I was shocked how much of a difference Sagna's power in the middle seemed to push us on again when we went three at the back.

He's on borrowed time if yesterday is anything to go by.

He's simply the obviousl person to make way for Gundogan, who has much more physicality to his game, but can also dicate play similar to Dave.

We have lost that huge power in the middle without Yaya and look visibly smaller all over the pitch.

Pep was clearly very happy with him yesterday, but I think Silva is now entering that new phase of his career when he will need to adapt to rotation, just like other mere mortals.

I was shocked how much of a difference Sagna's power in the middle seemed to push us on again when we went three at the back.
I'm not sure I get you there, mate. You say he's on borrowed time but then say Pep was very happy with him? I agree entirely with the rotation aspect. He doesn't need to play every week and between him and Gundogan I think we're in good shape going forward. He won't go on forever but he'll certainly play a bigger part this year than some on here were talking about last year.

Hahaha! Some people thinking Silva was "off the pace" and played as a "defensive midfielder"! You couldn't even make the shit up that some people come out with on here sonetimes.

Some posters have been crowing on for 6 months about him not having a place under Pep, must have been a slap in the face to see him be a major part of pre-season and then see him line up in central midfield, captain and running the game for an hour.

He's got a major part to play this season. Fans need to have some faith in our established players, some of them are pretty good. As much fun as Buzz Lightyear is, Woody is still fun too.

That's very pretentious of you, you know, thinking for me etc...

If you think that is the same David silva to 3 years ago them you're deluded..

Yes he possesses great balance still, yes he can still find a pass, the problem is less frequency but because others see what you don't it makes you a more logical fan??

He still has his part to play in a squad, however, he's the one who'll be resting more than starting, imo, when Gundogan is fit!!

That's very pretentious of you, you know, thinking for me etc...

If you think that is the same David silva to 3 years ago them you're deluded..

Yes he possesses great balance still, yes he can still find a pass, the problem is less frequency but because others see what you don't it makes you a more logical fan??

He still has his part to play in a squad, however, he's the one who'll be resting more than starting, imo, when Gundogan is fit!!
Can't wait to see Gundogan in action tbh. If it means Dave prolongs his career with lesser minutes then I can accept that no probs.

Thought some of his passing and movement were top notch. He did get a little tired though. And I think Pep wanted to save him for Tuesday.
Really good game from sStone, Kolarov, Sterthng, and Dihno. Everyone else was ok.

I'm not sure I get you there, mate. You say he's on borrowed time but then say Pep was very happy with him? I agree entirely with the rotation aspect. He doesn't need to play every week and between him and Gundogan I think we're in good shape going forward. He won't go on forever but he'll certainly play a bigger part this year than some on here were talking about last year.

Simple as that. Pep is probably happy to have him around but he's not the best automatic starter for the job in plenty of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.