David Silva - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple as that. Pep is probably happy to have him around but he's not the best automatic starter for the job in plenty of games.
Again, I'm fully on board with that. We're a very lucky club to have a player like Silva as part of the squad.

A 20 year old could be said to be entering a new phase of his career as could a 25 year old and a 30 year old. Borrowed time ? Not a chance.
He was captain and subbed for Tuesday for no other reason than he is key to Pep's plans. He will play with Gundogan at least that's the plan.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That's very pretentious of you, you know, thinking for me etc...

If you think that is the same David silva to 3 years ago them you're deluded..

Yes he possesses great balance still, yes he can still find a pass, the problem is less frequency but because others see what you don't it makes you a more logical fan??

He still has his part to play in a squad, however, he's the one who'll be resting more than starting, imo, when Gundogan is fit!!

I haven't thought for you, not really sure what you're talking about?

My comments weren't aimed at you, it's been a general theme among a certain group of posters to write Silva off. It's naive and short-sighted in my view and will come back to bite some people on the arse.

Silva wasn't the same as two years ago yesterday, but he was playing a completely different role. He was playing a similar role to Xavi yesterday, a number 8 dominating the ball, running the game. He didn't show the same penetration as 2 years ago, but that wasn't his role.

I assume anyone who thought he was "off the pace" misunderstood his role in the team yesterday, I can't think of another credible explanation.

A 20 year old could be said to be entering a new phase of his career as could a 25 year old and a 30 year old. Borrowed time ? Not a chance.
He was captain and subbed for Tuesday for no other reason than he is key to Pep's plans. He will play with Gundogan at least that's the plan.

What does David think of playing a more deep lying role, mate?

I haven't thought for you, not really sure what you're talking about?

My comments weren't aimed at you, it's been a general theme among a certain group of posters to write Silva off. It's naive and short-sighted in my view and will come back to bite some people on the arse.

Silva wasn't the same as two years ago yesterday, but he was playing a completely different role. He was playing a similar role to Xavi yesterday, a number 8 dominating the ball, running the game. He didn't show the same penetration as 2 years ago, but that wasn't his role.

I assume anyone who thought he was "off the pace" misunderstood his role in the team yesterday, I can't think of another credible explanation.

Fair enough mate, I misunderstood, although I am one of the 'posters' who believe he is on the decline.. His adapting to the role wasn't the point, it negates from him being a yard shorter than 2 years ago. He can play that role, however, he won't start above gundogan, so this brings us back to the other debate, can he play the n10? Does he start over KDB in it?

He's still a wonderful player, I'm just looking at the bigger picture with regards to him being used more sparingly...

Drools

Fair enough mate, I misunderstood, although I am one of the 'posters' who believe he is on the decline.. His adapting to the role wasn't the point, it negates from him being a yard shorter than 2 years ago. He can play that role, however, he won't start above gundogan, so this brings us back to the other debate, can he play the n10? Does he start over KDB in it?

He's still a wonderful player, I'm just looking at the bigger picture with regards to him being used more sparingly...

Regardless of anything else, he will get a yard quicker with match fitness, considering what little game time he's played. And he's not the only one in that situation - it was obvious we'd had a short preseason.

Honest opinion, did you think DeBruyne played better than him while they were on the same pitch yesterday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.