Spurs 2016/17

Crouchinho

Team supported
Tottenham Hotspur
Sorry if there is already a thread, I couldn't find it in the search.

Anyone have any predictions on how well we'll do this season? The bookies as usual have us to finish around 6th.

I thought we played very well second half against Everton, should have won really, they were on the ropes a bit, a draw isn't a bad result there either way.

Did anyone see Janssen play? He reminds me of how Negredo was in his first season at City, still too early to see what he can do but he got really stuck in and was a nuisance, unlucky not to score really. I had a sneaky 40-1 bet on him to be top scorer a few weeks ago but backed it up with Aguero and Kane just to be safe

I am interested to hear how the fans feel in general like your good self. How much have you invested in the squad this summer and such as i can't recall hearing to much about your gang tbh this summer. I know you have a new stadium to fund but your owners are rich and new tv money etc etc should see you ok to have a crack at a few decent players. Maybe Poch is happy with the squad?

372FD11500000578-0-image-a-42_1471102055559.jpg

Can't see them doing as well as last season tbh, wheels came off a bit at the end, most of their stars are young (won't be consistent) and are coming off the back of bad summer tournaments and they haven't really strengthened. Still expect them to be top 6 and in the running for top 4 though.

I think this season will see a proper fight for the top 4 slots. I have a feeling that Spurs will get top 4 again, and will probably finish above Arsenal. Us, rags, dippers, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs are all genuine contenders.

Spurs to fight out third/fourth/fifth with Rags and Liverpool.

Everton, had they taken the chances they created, would have been out of sight by half time. 6th is about right as I don't think Spurs will get the same start they got last season and they will fade as always towards the end. Us, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and I hate to say it the SCUM are better equipped to challenge for the top 4 at the moment. If you buy a couple of superstars in the next 15 days I may change my mind but your transfers have been very underwhelming up to now.

I am interested to hear how the fans feel in general like your good self. How much have you invested in the squad this summer and such as i can't recall hearing to much about your gang tbh this summer. I know you have a new stadium to fund but your owners are rich and new tv money etc etc should see you ok to have a crack at a few decent players. Maybe Poch is happy with the squad?

We bought in Jannsen and I love the look of him already, it's only been a game though so maybe I'm getting excited for no reason, we also bought in Wanyama. I'm surprised we sold Prithcard because I really thought he was a decent player, a lot better than the likes of Carroll. Apart from that not much going on so far

I think Ponch is pretty happy with the team, we had the best defence in the league last year, when we lost Vertonghen through injury Wimmer stepped up and looked the part. When Walker and Rose got rested, Trippier and Ben Davies could replace them. I think due to Dembele being injury prone we got in Wanyama, he can drop deep with Dier if need be. The attacking 3 of Lamela, Eriksen and Alli will cause problems still. We rely on Kane too much upfront so I think Jannsen was a great purchase, whenever we put in Clinton he didn't wow me all that much. I think we have all our bases covered right now, it's just a matter if they can improve more compared to last season.

The Lloris injury is bad though, I'm not a Vorm fan at all, he's a bit of a liability. I still maintain we have the best goalie in the league, but United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal fans say the same about their goalies too!

You can see by our spending over the past 5 seasons http://www.transferleague.co.uk/pre...tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons we have been very tight, I think with the new stadium being built he's saving up a bit to pay it off bit by bit. If we can do what Arsenal did and maintain a good squad while paying it off we'll be in a really good position down the road. Spurs have always sold marquee players, but I'm hoping Levy doesn't continue that trend. With todays mad prices, the likes of Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Alli etc could easily fetch 30m and upwards!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.