General transfer rumours

Everyone signed last summer was pep approved. It's only 'clear' in your mind. Though it's wrong.

Pep 'approved' is not Pep 'signed' by his choice. All it means s he didn't demand it not to happen. It's not in his interests for City to crash & burn due to that old fraud.

If it was true. I don't believe he told you.

Edit: or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:

Fernando will be a useful player for us this season, and I like him, it's just a shame he's 29 and not 23. There doesn't seem like much point keeping him around if we can move him out and get someone young in.

Fernando will be a useful player for us this season, and I like him, it's just a shame he's 29 and not 23. There doesn't seem like much point keeping him around if we can move him out and get someone young in.
I like him too,i thought he would be good for another year at least

This isn't a Pell vs Pep that you're desperately trying to make out as. You'll win that one. No one has ever doubted Pep is far superior.

You guessing that Pellegrini signed Otamendi.

You believe Pellegrini signed him because he watched Chile play in the Copa America final in Chile. He is Chilean by the way.

I think Pep & Txiki signed him because,
Even you admit that Pep influenced our big summer signings.
Pep also knows Spain.
Otamendi was the La Liga's best defender.
We wouldn't sign a £30 million defender on the say so of a manager who knew he was on his way.
Otamendi is a Pep like defender.
Oh and all basic logic.

Pep signed some but not others last summer? Come off it. All major signings last summer were either with his blessing/advise or without. You hand picking which ones you want to credit Pep with and discredit Pellegrini on is just laughable.

The typical Pep signing? You mean a front foot defender who's good on the ball? A defender who all too often runs the ball out of defence? Plays difficult balls through the midfield? Otamendi seems to tick all Pep's boxes.

Had Pellegrini left Denayer out in favour of Kolarov or Fernando you'd have gone bonkers.
Had Pellegrini brought Clichy, Sagna & Fernando on at 4-0 up and left Iheanacho on the bench you'd have perhaps hired a hit man.

As I say, your agenda is clouding your judgement and the double standards you are applying take away any credibility in what you say.

I have already said I believe Pellegrini signed him due to his contacts in Spain & tat we scouted Otamendi prior to watching him in Chile. I've made it perfectly clear that's what I said.

So if you are going to put words in my mouth & not have the decency to actually accept that I am not arsed reading the rest of your post.

You made excuses all last season for Pellegrini's incompetence & said he had no options to change anything. You were wrong & Pep is proving it.

Please don't mither me as I don't like the illogical way you operate.

I have already said I believe Pellegrini signed him due to his contacts in Spain & tat we scouted Otamendi prior to watching him in Chile. I've made it perfectly clear that's what I said.

So if you are going to put words in my mouth & not have the decency to actually accept that I am not arsed reading the rest of your post.

You made excuses all last season for Pellegrini's incompetence & said he had no options to change anything. You were wrong & Pep is proving it.
Please don't mitheU2!
me as I don't like the illogical way you operate.

Enough FFS jesus! U2

The Otamendi transfer was also a result of Valencia being unable to afford the outright purchase of Negredo. They knew we may be interested in Otamendi and offered him rather than the cash they owed us for Negredo. I doubt Tkiki would have signed him if he thought Pep would not approve. Still he, like many others, will need to learn.

The Otamendi transfer was also a result of Valencia being unable to afford the outright purchase of Negredo. They knew we may be interested in Otamendi and offered him rather than the cash they owed us for Negredo. I doubt Tkiki would have signed him if he thought Pep would not approve. Still he, like many others, will need to learn.

I think you're right on both counts.

Pep would not demand that every single transfer had to be ready to play in his team, it's just not right or fair on Pellegrini, Txiki, the club or more importantly US!

He's testing out Otamendi to see if he can adapt. That will decide his fate. Same as the rest.

That's because it's actually logical.

You berating one manager for doing one thing, then absolving another for doing the identical thing is illogical.

Pep is proving what? It's a totally different ball park. Pep has spent £100 million plus, has the unequivical backing of the club and the fans. Comparing that to a man who the fans wanted rid of, knew was going, knew himself he was going and had players bought for him is.........Illogical.

As I say though, stop trying to compare the two, one is far better than the other. Pep is far better and I've always maintained that.

It's simply not the same. I can only imagine your response had Pellegrini knowing he was effectively fired wanted to replace Hart. I'm sure you'd have backed that.

At 4-0 up Pep decided to give three senior pros a bit more game time. Something you would have slagged Pellegrini for. Yet Pep has a plan. Yes, same as all managers get your senior pros fit and keep them fit.
I have no problem whatsoever with a manager keeping senior players happy.

Double standards. If your illogical arguements don't belittle your points, your double standards do.

I'm glad you've enlightened me. I thought Pep & Txiki had contacts in Spain too.

I find it odd and slightly desperate that despite a bright new season, very exciting players signed and the best coach in the world that you keep slagging off the ex manager. Why? To prove you were right? Everyone and I mean everyone including Pellegrini himself knows Pep is better.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.