Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically you can't argue with what you've stated and certainly I don't have any worries for Joe's financial security! But he won't be picked for England if he's our 3rd choice keeper (how many games did Wright play last season) and we're not talking about any old gold-digging mercenary, this is someone who has spent 10 years with us. Would you feel so matter of fact about it if it was Vinny or Zabba?

It's always a shame to see players leave, even ones that haven't been good (as I always want every player to do well, and leave City with fond memories) - but that's the romantic in me.
But business is business. He probably wouldn't be in the England team if it wasn't for our high profile and success.
But do we 'owe' him anything, or he owe us? I don't think so, not really. Many of these players would leave us in a heartbeat if we got relegated.

It's going to be very difficult I think to find Joe a suitable team where he'd be #1 with the time left, even on loan. If he stays, his England spot is gone too I reckon. Why wasn't all of this clear when he came back in preseason? Seems a bit late to have put this on him.

Once the club / Pep decide you're no longer in their plans, and a player also discovers that, it's like a couple saying they no longer love each other. It can only really end one way, and it's all about trying to get it over with as quickly as possible with as little pain as possible.
I think that's the situation both parties are in.

Liverpool. All day long. There's no way the management at Liverpool would think Mignolet is better than Hart, and their fans would take him without any issues. I suppose the wages would be an obstacle, but if it meant first team football and his England jersey, I'm sure Hart would take a drop in pay.

Very true! Media always doing its best to make both our signings and sale as difficult as possible! Absolute scums! Unfortunately we cannot wish them away. Maybe we hv to schmooze with them more, hire a Media PR. Like all the other clubs!

It's easy to dismiss the press and papertalk as just gossip and tittle tattle, but I do think the club should be more proactive in the way it deals with the press, as there are hard costs in player transfers of many millions of pounds to be earned or saved if we can reduce the amount of negativity.

Look at Fergie - refused to speak to the BBC and they were scared to death of saying anything else negative and could't wait to brown nose the rags to get back in his good books. We have the greatest manager in the World as a bargaining chip and banning a few journos from the press conferences would do us no harm in the press since we get shit off them anyway. If they want to hear directly from the great man they can come back with a better attitude after proving that they can be fair in a few dozen fairly written pieces!

Liverpool. All day long. There's no way the management at Liverpool would think Mignolet is better than Hart, and their fans would take him without any issues. I suppose the wages would be an obstacle, but if it meant first team football and his England jersey, I'm sure Hart would take a drop in pay.
They signed Karius a few months ago so I doubt they will be looking for a new keeper.

So far, there has been no evidence pointing to this! If he was really keen on playing minutes alone, he would be gone by now.

His first big decision with us - I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Shame we couldn't get Heynckes.

Again, not a dismissal of Guardiola, more of the quality of our team. If a team with the quality that Bayern had coming off of having won the Champion's League wasn't able to repeat that success with a manager of Guardiola's stature, then it would be a jump to assume that he can drag our current team to that level in a shorter time span.

It's easy to dismiss the press and papertalk as just gossip and tittle tattle, but I do think the club should be more proactive in the way it deals with the press, as there are hard costs in player transfers of many millions of pounds to be earned or saved if we can reduce the amount of negativity.

Look at Fergie - refused to speak to the BBC and they were scared to death of saying anything else negative and could't wait to brown nose the rags to get back in his good books. We have the greatest manager in the World as a bargaining chip and banning a few journos from the press conferences would do us no harm in the press since we get shit off them anyway. If they want to hear directly from the great man they can come back with a better attitude after proving that they can be fair in a few dozen fairly written pieces!

Yes & no! Fergie is British. Pep is not. He will be roasted. Media is so wanting him and City to fail, thats why its fun to watch them revise their agenda as City keeps winning. The only way to shut their mouths is continuous success. And Pep is the best man for that job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.