More than half of Brits want burka ban

There is so much irony in this one.
Those who advocate the ban say women should be allowed to wear what they desire but when it comes to niqab the rules somehow change.
Whenever something concerning islam pops up in the media all of a Sudden there are experts on islam who frankly havent studied but still think they know it inside out from intellect gathered from social media and corporate media in gernal.

Another great misconception is that women who choose to wear it are bring forced to wear it somehow, i am not gonna deny that doesnt happen but even if i am gracious the percentage would be less than 5% easily, i can say this because i live in muslim family and have been brought up in a muslim society.

the burning question is

have you ever put one on and snuck into a ladies changing room :) ????

None of the apologists seem to want to answer my question either.
Where should a woman go who objects to being forced to wear it?

I'll wait.
Hi 2Sheiks, presumably the same place anyone else would go if they felt someone was forcing them to wear anything they didn't want to?
Whomever that was, a judgement on whether the proclaimed 'forcing' was contrary to any UK/EU/international laws would be made and if so, the relevant measures would be enfor ed upon the defendant(s). If the body found no illegal forcing had happened, then presumably it would be up to the person to de ide if they wanted to accept the situation or possibly exercise their option to change their own situation by, e.g. leaving the employ/community which they felt at odds with their personal views.
The fact that this community be religious should make no difference - people have a choice about what to believe and what cultural norms to adopt. They also have a choice (whether they understand this or not) to change their outlook should they decide to.

And all those girls that don't get an education or the opportunity to get one don't really want one anyway. I believe one girl was shot in the head for trying to exercise this basic right. Can't remember where it happened though.

Many find the burka offensive in the western world. In many middle eastern countries women's western dress sense will be offensive and should not be worn over there out of respect and the countries laws. I'm uneasy at the thought of banning the burka but i also hate what it represents to my western eyes at least, the inequality of women in the Muslim world. The labeling of views as racist is just an easy way to try and silence them and sadly is what leads to things like brexit and Trump. I voted remain and would never vote ukip (or if American Trump) but if we had a referendum on the burka i would seriously have to think about it and while i think i would vote no in the end am i an instant racist if i voted yes? of course not but unless the large % of the population who are offended are listened to without being accused of racism then more and more will sadly lash out by voting for twats like Farage and his ilk.

So in other words, a woman who didn't want to wear it should go to the police.
If she stayed in the home and he was told to leave, she'd be ostracised by her community. She'd otherwise have to leave the family home. A rock and a hard place. They're forced to accept that this is the way things are. Like it or lump it .

What is it about, largely brown skinned people wearing clothes they deem appropriate to their culture that provokes you?[/QUOTE]

Because it symbolises a Stone Age culture and makes zero concession to integration.

Like if I walked down Lahore High St in string vest, Union Jack shorts, swilling lager and scoffing a bacon butty. But then I'd have you to defend me against the braying mob so everything would be cool.

Here's one, when my wife is out shopping with me, she has to cover her knees, shoulders and elbows.

Why are no Muslims speaking up for her rights to wear what she wants in Qatar?

Also why I'd never want them banning, it is a little bit patronising that the Muslim men thing I'll try and shag their wife or daughter if I actually see their faces.

Here's one, when my wife is out shopping with me, she has to cover her knees, shoulders and elbows.

Why are no Muslims speaking up for her rights to wear what she wants in Qatar?

Also why I'd never want them banning, it is a little bit patronising that the Muslim men thing I'll try and shag their wife or daughter if I actually see their faces.
If I were caught shopping with my missus I’d want to be wearing the biggest fucking burka ever made.

If I can't see someone face I simply will not talk to them.
It's an absolutely fundamental part of social interaction in the west. If people want to excluded themselves from society then they should choose somewhere less social to live.

Simples.

Who say's they want to talk to you?

Come on, let's have a BM vote on it. If vote for a ban, but only because I know it would wind people up.

On a side note, I don't think you see as many now. A few years back there seemed to be loads of women knocking around in them, but I certainly don't see as many nowadays. Maybe some Muslim women are just saying 'no' to them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.