Cruise ships

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
We have become huge fans of cruise ships having been on 3 cruises this year alone, it's a great way to meet people I know there are a lot of old people on the ships but there are a fair share of younger people to and everybody is there basically to have fun , we have seen some wonderful places this year that I probably would never have been to if not for the cruise ships like Tokyo, Vladivostok and Shanghai for example

We have just booked a World Cruise for early next year which ends up in Barcelona via Asia, India the Middle East and Europe can't wait

Are there any other cruisers on here who loves it like I do ? it really is the most relaxing holiday just unpack your suitcase and that's it for the entire journey no airports, taxis , car hire or any pain in the ass kind of travel I can recommend it for anyone looking for a relaxing holiday

The only drawback is going on a cruise is that you are guaranteed to eat too much lol

Know people who go on cruises and they all enjoy it. Personally, I think I would develop a phobia by being stuck on a small floating island for that long :)

It was the only option open to us really last year while I recuperated from an operation. Couldn't drive or fly so we did a cruise from Southampton and loved it. So much that we did another this year from Barcelona round the med. We have two teenage boys and although they moan a bit about having to go and do things like visit the Vatican and Pompei they are very happy with what the ship has to offer.

Only downside is that depending on destinations sometimes the landing port is some way from the "advertised" destination. To get to Rome for example required an hours train journey from the cruise port. Its well worht doing a bit of research on independent travelling rather than relying on the cruise companies shore excursions.

we are going on a weeks med cruise next year with two 8yr olds, anyone been on anything similar? just a little concerned they might get a little stir crazy.

one of the stops is barca so a trip to the camp nou is on the cards.

We went on the Azura around the med over the summer. Superb. Second cruise for us . Love it stress free holidays. It does take a couple of days for the ship to settle down and people to find what they like to do. At first 3000 people trying to do the same thing is a bit stressful!

we are going on a weeks med cruise next year with two 8yr olds, anyone been on anything similar? just a little concerned they might get a little stir crazy.

one of the stops is barca so a trip to the camp nou is on the cards.

My son was 9 he was caring on the last day as never wanted to leave. P & o ships kids club 10am till midnight. We had to drag him out!!!he loved it....

There is loads to do on the ship and of course you are off the boat most days...

Know people who go on cruises and they all enjoy it. Personally, I think I would develop a phobia by being stuck on a small floating island for that long :)

Definitely depends on your interests, I would go stir crazy on a boat for that long without being able to get in the water or be regularly in the outdoors. Plus, if you are going to visit someplace, from a ship seems to be a strange vantage point. Those Vegas style buffets too, does not sound appealing to me

Never quite understood the actual spending money required or method as some deals offer £250 on board spending etc. Do you basically not spend anything whilst on board and then get a bill as you leave the ship? What's the tipping etiquette?

Never quite understood the actual spending money required or method as some deals offer £250 on board spending etc. Do you basically not spend anything whilst on board and then get a bill as you leave the ship? What's the tipping etiquette?

Your cabin card key is used like a credit card whenever you purchase any goods, extra services or meals in the a la carte restaurants, and drinks (unless included n your package). A tip is either calculated on a daily rate per person and added to you bill, or added with each purchase ....

We have only ever done the rock cruises, out of Florida which are totally informal and great fun .... a floating festival without the mud, rain and dicks .... But we are looking at others and one down in Argentina/Uruguay/Brazil really temting us ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.