Yaya Toure apologises

Yaya is probably one of the 5 best players ever to play for Manchester City.....that in spite of him always turning up at the start of the season overweight and out of shape.......giving 70% at best and normally 50%.......putting his International career before his City career. A legend most definitely but imagine how good he could have been if he'd have given his all.

Yaya is equally at fault for not shutting up or sacking his agent years ago when he first opened his big mouth about his paymasters.....Yaya is selfish and only ever really puts his own interests first.......his retirement announcement suggest he'll be off in January.......good luck Yaya....shut TFU.....and close the door on your way out !

I think Pep hit Yaya twice:

1- When Seluk criticise Txiki over Fernando's deal ( dropped Yaya from CL list)
2- When Seluk attack Pep's decision not to include Yaya in CL list ( Dropped completely from all games )

At the end their relationship is weird, you don't know if Seluk work for Yaya or Yaya work for Seluk !

Yaya's agent is clearly a tit of the highest order, but if it is true that the first Yaya heard of this is through the press conference I am not impressed by Pep's/ City's response.

Last edited:
I'm sure the club were willing to let Yaya go in the summer, and I'm equally sure that there were many offers on the table.

So what stopped him? It surely wasn't anything to do with having to take a wage cut, was it?

Real shame that Yaya and his agent let it come to this. A legend tarnished.

Cakegate came on the back of toures superb championship winning season when toure was a big asset to the team,hence why he was indulged.now he is no use to the team its far easier to take a harder stance
Pretty much this.

If Messi's agent said something when Pep was at Barcelona no way would Pep take this stance.

Baconface always had the cajones to kick old aging past their best players out. Scholes refused to play and Shrek/Camelgob held the rags to ransom but Baconface didn't kick them out.

Ultimately if you are surplus to requirements as a player it's easier to make this stance.

Whilst it is great that someone has come out and stood up to Seluk and even better that it's Pep. It's much easier to do it with Yaya being 33 and in the last year of his contract. I doubt if he was the 2014 Yaya that we would be saying he is not playing until his agent apologises.
What a top class stupid fucking post.

So sad, yet it has to be done.
If the manager says "Jump" the only permissable response is "how high boss"?
Thanks for the memories Yaya. Sadly for 2 seasons now the team effort has not been there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.