Beautiful on the pitch.. Uglier by the day off it?

gouldybob

A whinge or is it really getting worse?

No ticket for Spurs, well unless I wanted to listen to the likes of Marwood pontificating at City in the City, so Women's Cup Final for me and the kids. Regular visitors to the CFA as my lad, despite being a season ticket holder, likes the "little ground" better. No problem parking on site and walk over the bridge. Tomorrow make sure you have a fiver in your pocket for parking.. Womens Fa wanting s slice of the cash? or just City dipping its hand in my pocket again?

Over the last few years I've seen some of the best football since the 70's but the club just seems to be going further away from me. Food: rip off, drinks: rip off, padded seats: near me full of selfie lovers in half and half scarves, Poor kit quality wrapped in corporate bullshit, ticket allocations seem to be smaller and smaller, but if you have a box have as many as you want, worsening ticket office where details are delayed seemingly to let the non regular match goer, players and club hangers on get there hands out first.

So I'll p
ark on the street, and other than my match ticket the club gets nothing.. Maybe this is why the club needs tourists... but City will always be my team, 220 will always be my spot, but not sure this is my club anymore.

Isnt every form of entertainment like this now?

You go to boxing, tennis, UFC, WWE and the food will cost a lot, there will be 'posh' seats and there will be tourists who aren't super in to the product but just want a taste of what it's like.

When you say it's not your club, it would be no different if we were still crap. You'd still have to pay for some parking, you'd still pay a bomb for a hotdog & drink and in 2016, you'd still have someone taking a selfie near you.

So yeah, it is 'your' club, it's just not 1980 anymore. I'm not saying food prices are are good, but they're not any much more as any other entertainment event you'll go to these days.

A whinge or is it really getting worse?

No ticket for Spurs, well unless I wanted to listen to the likes of Marwood pontificating at City in the City, so Women's Cup Final for me and the kids. Regular visitors to the CFA as my lad, despite being a season ticket holder, likes the "little ground" better. No problem parking on site and walk over the bridge. Tomorrow make sure you have a fiver in your pocket for parking.. Womens Fa wanting s slice of the cash? or just City dipping its hand in my pocket again?

Over the last few years I've seen some of the best football since the 70's but the club just seems to be going further away from me. Food: rip off, drinks: rip off, padded seats: near me full of selfie lovers in half and half scarves, Poor kit quality wrapped in corporate bullshit, ticket allocations seem to be smaller and smaller, but if you have a box have as many as you want, worsening ticket office where details are delayed seemingly to let the non regular match goer, players and club hangers on get there hands out first.

So I'll p
ark on the street, and other than my match ticket the club gets nothing.. Maybe this is why the club needs tourists... but City will always be my team, 220 will always be my spot, but not sure this is my club anymore.

I feel your pain Blue but I think, as you're an older fan, it's really just about massive change in the modern era. Clubs are now all businesses, attracting huge money which financially need to perform and if we compare the current outgoings compared to say Franny Lees period that in itself is testimony to the enormity of the financial shift. That being said, I think fan management and engagement within the club is at an all time low and would question many things such as ticket bundles/offers, away tickets, cup competition packages to fill the stadium. Most would have easy enough fixes if the club appeared to care and it's possibly this perception of not caring that may well be why you're feeling like this.

I think the problem is, that some people just grow to old for the modern day events..

This is football now, if it makes you sad stay at home.

But wait a minute.... The club DO really care as well they have an outsourced surveying company asking us questions every other day about topics such as what jumpers would we buy at Christmas in the city store?
And how much we would pay for a fucking hot dog...
You can bet your life this survey company has very little to no actual blues working for it and the reason why City pay for this is to increasingly monetize us as loyal fans.

The sooner we wake the fuck up and realise we are just customers the sooner we will be treated with some respect.

Clubs became businesses some time ago. We were just slow to jump on the bandwagon as we were so shit they couldn't risk it any sooner.

I am under no illusion that if the club could make an extra £200 a head from 51000 completely new fans, they would.

I am just surprised we haven't added compulsory cup tickets to the equation yet. Surely that can't be far away in one form or another.

I go to the home games, never go away now as I just can't be arsed. I park near Belle Vue, and only a 12 - 15 min walk so don't pay for parking. I don't normally buy food or drink at the stadium as I think it's a rip off - I normally take a hip flask with whisky. However, there are tens of thousands who are happy to spend £20 - £30 in the ground on refreshments. It's about choice, and affordability.

But wait a minute.... The club DO really care as well they have an outsourced surveying company asking us questions every other day about topics such as what jumpers would we buy at Christmas in the city store?
And how much we would pay for a fucking hot dog...
You can bet your life this survey company has very little to no actual blues working for it and the reason why City pay for this is to increasingly monetize us as loyal fans.

The sooner we wake the fuck up and realise we are just customers the sooner we will be treated with some respect.

Think you will find hardly any real blues working at the club anymore

I buy tickets for games and nowt else.

Beer is shit, cider is shit, food is shit and all over priced

I not bought myself a shirt since 1988 and that was off the back of a lorry. Fortunately my kids gave up on kits at about the age of 14. My lad would rather I buy Him a decent polo shirt compared to a city shirt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.