Spurs vs City post match

Really poor performances all over the pitch today, but fair play to Spurs they were terrific. Pochettino is a top manager and their squad depth is really impressive.

Pep got it wrong but hopefully he will learn a lot about certain players on the back of this - can't say i'm not pissed off though, felt like I was watching Pellegrini's City again!
Agreed, felt like last year all over again, to add insult to injury, those stuffy bastards aresenal scored with foul goal in last minute v burnley am pissed off, open a Chablis and watch X factor ;-)

i think all we can say today is we we're beaten by the better side on the day and hope the team and manager learn from it.

Would you be kind enough to give pellers the credit for debruyne, sterling and dino signings? Wrong teams selection was the problem the problem today, i think less than 5% on this forum would have chose zabaleta in their team for spurs today

yes wrong team selection but some of it was enforced by players being suspended or injured...the mistake was to firstly not bring in players who should have replaced at least fernando (so many people over the summer said we needed 2 central midfielders as no-one believed yaya would play even without his agents outbursts and everyone knew an injury to gudongan or fenrnadihnio would mean having to use fernando who cannot play the way required and is a player who teams clearly target to press and who in turn by his lack of mobility and awareness then leaves silva isolated. The second mistake was then to expect him to be able to do all of the above and not adapt tactics to play differently to negate the drop off in ability...same can be said with navas instead of KDB which again isolated silva due to his ineffectiveness

I get your point on the being good against poor teams last season, but I think there was a stat up which said we had less than half points from the same games last season?
Yeah, we happened to drop points at Stoke last season for example but we will drop points this season also to poor teams, just maybe not the same ones.

Suicide to play Kolarov and Zaba, despite his recent performances Kolarov is finished as a LB. Zaba unfortunately looks lost out there now, I suspect he played Navas to try and do the running for him because I can't see a single thing he brings to the team.

Fernando was poor, highlights our need for a "dynamic, box to box, versatile" midfielder who we can trust with and without the ball.

I don't know if it's me but our intensity as dropped. Our passing hasn't got that zip we had in previous games.
Even though there are different players playing i would think they would play with the same intensity. Is it just the quality of the reserve players
I just think that lately managers have cottoned on to our high press under pep and figured out that putting us under a bit of pressure works whereas parking the bus let's us dictate play.

i think all we can say today is we we're beaten by the better side on the day and hope the team and manager learn from it.

yep its only 1 game and the season is long and many swings and roundabouts i see us spurs and liverpool fighting for the title the rest are not on the level we are and will fight for 4th place city need to start getting a settle first 11 and the back 4 need to settle and play each week pick the 2 at centerback and fullbacks and play them everytime to gel with the keeper

also sky and the bbc have gone over board and picking holes in the city camp hahahahah i don't understand how they can talk about just 1 away game they talk of the end is near for pep and games up you been suss out hahahahaha its just a bad day spurs was better today but manchester city sit top of the table

Which begs the question ... why even have him on the bench then if, when called upon he's not going to know what he's supposed to do and will basically shit himself whilst trying to work it out?
To sub him on regularly and let him gain confidence if we're winning, I reckon. But we couldn't let him play more minutes in the last two brutal games.
Pep's line-ups (including today's) seem perfectly logical for me. Idk why so many mates complain about the 'wrong selection'- you have to take fitness conditions into consideration. And I don't see much difference in terms of quality between, say, Kolarov and Clichy or Zaba and Sagna. They are all slightly above average level.
And kudos to Spurs - the intensity was insane, their fullbacks and Son were looking awesome. I'm very positive about this season so far, it's already exceeding my expectations about City.

I love Pep but ffs everybody could see that coming against spuds, warnings signs v Swansea and Celtic and like I said before jermaine jerkoff predicted the way the game would go, well pissed off, other results horrible too !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.