Joe Hart (joined Torino on season long loan - Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To say Joe would have saved the shot is all conjecture all that anybody can say in all truthfulness is he couldn't have done much worse.

Pathetic attempt at wumming. Really no need for this type of post (unless I have been Clarkied). Half term come early somewhere.

Is this going to be the norm everytime we concede?

I can think of countless occasions where we've won 1-0 and Joe Hart made a couple of crucial saves. Especially from one on ones.

Last edited:
Joe is the best one on one stopper anywhere,it's reasonable to think he would have saved it but no-one can say for sure obviously
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956...r-has-the-best-save-percentage-in-europe-this

Joe not on the list - Bravo is.

And really? Bravo could/should have done something different for the goal?

Goal is at 1:30 - let me know what on earth Bravo could have done, fractions of a second after Clichy is beaten and point-blank Lukako smashes it low and to Bravo's right.

By sheer chance, the keeper might have stuck his right foot out slightly more... but then he's more susceptible to a nutmeg. No way in my book that Claudio did anything in the slightest bit wrong on the goal.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956...r-has-the-best-save-percentage-in-europe-this

Joe not on the list - Bravo is.

And really? Bravo could/should have done something different for the goal?

Goal is at 1:30 - let me know what on earth Bravo could have done, fractions of a second after Clichy is beaten and point-blank Lukako smashes it low and to Bravo's right.

One on ones are something you see with your eyes,saved shots stats cover everything,joe is very good at them as we have seen over 10yrs
Look i am not comparing the 2 when i comment on Bravo as they are different sorts of keepers and i appreciate each one for their strenghs and weaknesses,i posted well done in the match thread when he turned it over the bar yesterday,i thought he could have spread himself better for the goal,this needs to be in the bravo thread anyway

One on ones are something you see with your eyes,saved shots stats cover everything,joe is very good at them as we have seen over 10yrs
Look i am not comparing the 2 when i comment on Bravo as they are different sorts of keepers and i appreciate each one for their strenghs and weaknesses,i posted well done in the match thread when he turned it over the bar yesterday,i thought he could have spread himself better for the goal,this needs to be in the bravo thread anyway
My point is that there was literally no time to react once Clichy is beaten. Bravo did well to advance somewhat to cut off angles.. but beyond that it was sheer luck.

For my money, De Hea has the quickest reflexes of any keeper I've watched. But even De Gea wouldn't have had enough time to react to that point-blank shot. Rewatch the video - if you honestly think that Bravo could have done any better... well then we disagree. But I think, if you rewatch the video you'll see that there's literally no time to react.

For the record, I think that Joe had a world class performance for us last year - top 10 in the world. But to think that Joe or anyone else for that matter could have done better (luck not withstanding) against Lukako's goal... is expecting way too much in terms of reaction time from the human physique - no human, freakish De Gea included, could have done anything against that - again, 1:30 for the goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.