Barca v City Post Match Thread

In what world can Bravo's red card be brushed off as luck? Or Gundogan's garbage pass? Or our shite tackling and sloppy passing in our own half. Yeah we looked good until the red card but we had zilch to show for it, and when the piss came to the boil, it didn't help when Bravo went AWOL.
The slip was bad luck, there was a follow through on Zaba which had his foot gushing with blood that could have easily been pulled up... also maybe Bravo doesn't have a rush of blood to the head and just accepts his mistake(or just puts his foot through it in the first place) and we're not down to 10 men. I'll say it again we were not outplayed to the tune of 4-0 anyone saying that knows fuck all about football or is just a massive fanny wipe flapping for the sake of it.

It's not a 'good performance' ruined by mistakes. It's just mistakes which make it 'not a good performance'.

Sure, we can pass the ball around a lot and look quite impressive for a short while, but it doesn't win you CL games. Time and again we've been exposed by the real quality sides in Europe, and we've even come undone against some of the lesser ones.

CL is not very forgiving of mistakes, and we make far too many.

i think pep got it just about right

we was never going to beat them over there and we just don't have the numbers in the squad to play teams like barca away but in saying that you could see little bits of things to work on and sterling KDB was our best players we can hold our heads up high tonight the sending off change the game and kill off any come back or plans pep had but well played barca and respect to them they are special at home and that front 3 are something else

A defensive shambles. I hope to fuck Kompany is back to man that defence and lead the team. Either Stones or Ottamendi out. Not playing Kun I will never understand if he is fit. This weekends game is must win. We need to get back to winning ways by hook or crook.

Frustrating evening that.
Played really well for prolonged spells and had at least 3 really good chances.
Not many teams go to the Camp Nou and do that but plenty let 4 in.
We got punished for every error tonight.
Apart from that the tactics were bang on till Bravo dropped a big one.
They are short at the back for the next one and I think we can turn the tables on them from what I've seen tonight.

We should have been at least level at half time and the fact they were in front was pure luck nothing else, Fernandinho doesn't slip 99/100. We were well in it until Bravos error, expected one at some point but hoped not tonight, after that always only one winner yet we still looked like creating things even if not scoring. Scoreline doesn't really reflect the night especially first 60 mins, and I'd rather lose 4-0 tonight than in the knock out stages. Too many little individual errors cost us tonight that's all, won't happen every week.
We'll improve no I wouldn't be surprised if we beat them at home.

Thought we where right in it until bravo lost his head. Was quite optimistic that we'd get a result at home too against them.

But I am very concerned at our total lack of discipline following that. We let the carve us apart, didn't get as tight, jumped in to tackles too readily, in that last forty minutes or so.

We now face the necessity to get something off them at home, do Celtic and bmg, without our number one goalie. He's let us down there.

I thought having otamendi go to right back was a mistake also. Clichy could have gone there and might have coped better with neymar cutting inside.

Still, we can get through here if we don't slip-up again.

And what's this about Silva being sent off at full time too? Didn't see anything?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.