Barca v City Post Match Thread

• its so frustrating to see the same players make the same mistakes and cost us on a regular basis. We were holding our own yes but our finishing leaves so much to be desired. All the more reason to play kun. I hope there isn't something going on there because we are toothless without him. 2 weeks after championing stones for english captain The media will slaughter him tomorrow.

There is absolutely something going on. pep has very publicly told him he needs to up and improve his all round game so over to Kun to respond.

As for the media slaughtering the lad, nah, not for me but a few on here will take the opportunity.

I almost find myself longing for the opposition to score a good goal against us. I don't remember a single goal we have conceded this season where I haven't cringed at our "defending".

Pep is trying to polish turds with the likes of Kolarov, Otamendi and I'm sorry to say a well and truly past it Zabba. That's 3 of our back 4 that are simply not good enough. Their replacements don't inspire any confidence either as the likes of Sagna and Clichy are certainly not the answer.

We will get away with it most weeks in the Prem because usually we will be up against much weaker sides than us but against the top 4/6 and in the Champs League we will be found out.

I was concerned with our transfer dealings in the summer because I felt that yet again we were ignoring our biggest weaknesses, then we started like a train and I thought maybe my concerns were misplaced. Well after watching us against Celtic, Spurs and now Barca I am well and truly convinced my original thoughts were correct.

Pep will get it right, he's too good a manager not to however he will not get it right with some of these players. The sooner he realises this and stops trying to polish turds the better.
Of all games to call out a player, you pick this one to call out Otamendi? Just say tour Miss likes the beard, and you are not big on having competition around. :)

Champions League Group C standings: 1. Barcelona - 9pts 2. Manchester City - 4pts 3. Borussia Mönchengladbach - 3pts 4. Celtic - 1pt

Pep: "I am sorry, but until the last day of my career I will play out from the goalkeeper." Also says Aguero took being benched well

I almost find myself longing for the opposition to score a good goal against us. I don't remember a single goal we have conceded this season where I haven't cringed at our "defending".

Pep is trying to polish turds with the likes of Kolarov, Otamendi and I'm sorry to say a well and truly past it Zabba. That's 3 of our back 4 that are simply not good enough. Their replacements don't inspire any confidence either as the likes of Sagna and Clichy are certainly not the answer.

We will get away with it most weeks in the Prem because usually we will be up against much weaker sides than us but against the top 4/6 and in the Champs League we will be found out.

I was concerned with our transfer dealings in the summer because I felt that yet again we were ignoring our biggest weaknesses, then we started like a train and I thought maybe my concerns were misplaced. Well after watching us against Celtic, Spurs and now Barca I am well and truly convinced my original thoughts were correct.

Pep will get it right, he's too good a manager not to however he will not get it right with some of these players. The sooner he realises this and stops trying to polish turds the better.

he can only work with what he's got. We all said we'd be happy with a top 4 finish and a cup, that is still on the cards. It's the Summer where will make the signings he needs.

Even after Bravos mistake why did he not just let the ball goes past. At 2-0 with eleven men we could have at least kept the score respectable and maybe pulled a goal back.

Not sure he managed to process all that in the microsecond he had to consider his options lol.

Peps been here for 3 months, one transfer window, were top of the league more than likely going through difficult group again, some comments on here? He is the best manager in the world everyone would want him and we've got him, I trust him and can't wait for every game, imagine in 18 months 2 years where we'll be
Up shit creak if we defend as bad as tonight

I thought we all understood, that Pep wouldn't be an instant fix ?
We held our own, until we went down to 10. I know there were individual mistakes, but
that is down to uncertainty of what is happening around you. It's hard to cope when you
have players like that coming from all angles. Pep knew, to counter Barca he needed that
midfield and then Bravo's cock up detroys that and sure enough MSN, who had been really
quiet up to then, have just that bit more room to work in. That's all it takes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.